GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch issue

simpson110

Ready to race!
you bench bleed the tob? if not it is possible for air to get trapped in the tob and you may not be able to get it out.

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
you bench bleed the tob? if not it is possible for air to get trapped in the tob and you may not be able to get it out.

Negative, Tech said it wasn't necessary. I'm not sure if this changes anything but we are trying to bleed it with a machine that looks somewhat like this:

v.b

Ready to race!
Contact SouthBend. I have a stage 2 daily silent kit and I had a similar issue, but it wouldn't happen as quickly. I could drive for half hour to an hour or more sometimes, but as soon as i got to doing a lot of stop and go, i wouldnt be able to get the shifter out of 1st or 2nd gear. Maybe yours is happening quicker because they use a heavier PP in the stage 3 kit. They said something about the hydraulic system not being particularly competent in the GTI and recommended a shim kit for the throwout bearing, which fixed my problem.

Every time I post this, someone comes out and says that shims/spacers for the TOB don't do anything in our cars, but it solved my problem, so :iono:

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Negative, Tech said it wasn't necessary. I'm not sure if this changes anything but we are trying to bleed it with a machine that looks somewhat like this:

Why not try bleeding it by hand...I've done tons of various clutches and never bench bleed a new tob and never have an issue.

steveinil

OK I'm kinda having the same issue but not a new clutch car is all stock. So replacing the slave and master didn't help?