GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Never ending clutch problems

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Long story short, installed a southbend stage 3 daily kit on my car about 7k miles ago... it failed after 500 Miles we determined it was the slave cylinder and replaced it. 2k miles later starting losing pressure so we bled the lines... fast forward to today, clutch worked perfectly last night, wake up get in my car and clutch has zero pressure and cannot be pumped up to gain pressure. Master is full of liquid... what the f***?

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Did you use the POS slave cylinder they provided with the kit or purchase the revised one piece OEM design for installation?

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Line looks good, could be the bleeder block I guess.. slave is the oem 1 piece, originally used the pos slave bend one but replaced it.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Line looks good, could be the bleeder block I guess.. slave is the oem 1 piece, originally used the pos slave bend one but replaced it.

Is it the stock line or aftermarket? I had the O-ring go bad on my USP line going into the block and leak all the fluid out. Same thing happened. One day it was fine and next day clutch went right to the floor.

Also, the clutch fluid is in a separate sectioned reservoir in the BACK of the master cylinder. You usually will see the front full and think there isn't a problem and the back is empty or below the clutch line feed (which is pretty high). Try and put more fluid in and see what happens. If it's empty ditch the bleeder block.

Finally, I've been using the original SouthBend TOB that came with my clutch back in 2012. 4 years and 80k miles later it's fine.

Cuervo

Passed Driver's Ed

where did you buy the one piece slave cylinder, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to upgrade my clutch as well, and don't want to get stuck with the two piece one.