GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock 2011 Gti v. 328i xdrive

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
So my friend is a big jerk and has been talking poop to me ever since I bought my Gti about a month ago saying he can stomp me. Before I see him at a stoplight, do I have a chance against him at my current stock level or should I run out and get the stage I chip?

McQueen77

Banned
1. "talking poop"??

2. Yeah, you have to go Stage 1. All the cool kids are doing it. That way you'll be a real driving enthusiast and can beat everyone to the next stoplight. It'll be totally awesome.

Last edited:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Lol talking poop , like skeptix said get stage 1 regardless

doveer

Ready to race!
You'd definitely take him dig or roll if you get a tune. But I think you should be able to take it while stock if you race him from a roll.

328i's are fuckin slow hahahah.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
BMW 328i's are slow and a 328xi is even slower. high 6 sec low 7 sec 0-60 time. so you should have him stock. MotorTrend Magazine got an 5.8 0-60 out of a mk6 gti DSG so if your a manual transmission a lil slower but youll have him either way just RACE!!!!!! for a dig and from a roll.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
You'll probably be pretty even. It all comes down to driver skill, and how hard you launch the GTI.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Is his car an automatic or manual tranny? Either way you'd probably win by a bit. The x drive makes the car heavier and the AT in the 328 is not performance oriented. A MT 328 RWD does 0-60 in 5.9 according to C and D's testing. Slightly faster than a MT GTI. Not slow but not blazing fast.