GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starter lock

ImmI

Ready to race!
I don't have an answer to your question but if it helps my euro spec car doesn't need the brake pedal to be pressed upon startup.

Ag13

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your input. That actually might be a clue. Let me check some settings and change them to rest of world.

ImmI

Ready to race!
Thanks for your input. That actually might be a clue. Let me check some settings and change them to rest of world.

:)

There must be a setting somewhere in VAG-COM

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
But why, what?

Why do you need to disable the brake pedal start?
BTW I guess you have a 6MT, on my DSG I don't need to press the brake to start my car. I guess its there to prevent your car to roll just in case you pull off your handbrake?.

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed
did the RoW setting work?

Did some research a while back to see if vagcom could do this and it seemed like most people were resistant to helping figure out if this could be done. Weird. The car won't start if it's in gear anyways (DSG), so I don't see why it's a safety issue.

Last edited:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
did the RoW setting work?

Did some research a while back to see if vagcom could do this and it seemed like most people were resistant to helping figure out if this could be done. Weird. The car won't start if it's in gear anyways (DSG), so I don't see why it's a safety issue.

Because its in gear so you cant start it. You can start the car in N but that requires you to turn the key to "on" and press the brake pedal, then change to N to start it. If you stay on P, you dont need you foot on the brake to start the car.

I assume you guys are talking about the key fob instead of kessy....

Ag13

Passed Driver's Ed
It's actually a dsg. The interesting part is that it seems to be a random act from vw. I have seen same year gti's that don't require the pedal step to start. No Kessey old school key. Agreed dsg in gear won't start and that is a safety issue, same with 6 mt. Will try RoW this evening and let you know.

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed
Because its in gear so you cant start it. You can start the car in N but that requires you to turn the key to "on" and press the brake pedal, then change to N to start it. If you stay on P, you dont need you foot on the brake to start the car.

I assume you guys are talking about the key fob instead of kessy....

I have a 2011 with dsg (regular key, no kessy) and it requires the brake pedal to be stepped on to start or the mfd will just flash to engage the brake pedal and the starter won't turn.

I've also noticed that vw codes some cars with this feature and some without. Not sure if it has something to do with having cbfa or ccta.

Ag13

Passed Driver's Ed
No change with RoW except for my door chime is gone with key in ignition which is pretty cool. Could any of you that don't have to step on the pedal scan with VCDS and post on here? There might be a code we have different. Thanks.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2011 with dsg (regular key, no kessy) and it requires the brake pedal to be stepped on to start or the mfd will just flash to engage the brake pedal and the starter won't turn.

I've also noticed that vw codes some cars with this feature and some without. Not sure if it has something to do with having cbfa or ccta.

I'm non-KESSY DSG also and I don't need to step on the brakes to start.:iono: