GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 GTI DSG vs '09 Supercharged Civic Si

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I am new to this site and to GTI's. I have a buddy who has a supercharged civic Si with tune and bolt ons. Pulling 346hp/270tq. I ran him on my stock GTI and was pretty much murdered lol Would I have to go stage 2 or K04 to beat him? Stage 1 seems to match his torque but he'd have me on horsepower by alot. Any suggestions?

They're no joke

I had a supercharged SI do some pulls with me. My car felt like being pulled by bricks when we did a roll from 30.

I blew by after I hit 4th gear and reeled him in. Started roll from 3rd gear

2nd gear pull, from my GLI -- I couldn't catch him.

From a dig, I think I would have advantage.

see sig for mod details

Last edited:

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I stuffed up a bit on the figures for him; he has 345hp/220tq. I am just looking at numbers right now and at stage 1 I think I'd have a lot more torque but he'd have me on the horse power end. From a dig perhaps I may be able to take him, but freeway I think I'd need k04.

Pooley

Ready to race!
With those numbers you'd need K04. Didn't know Si's made that level of HP with a S/C and tune. That Si must really rip on the street.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Must be running a comptech/jackson racing s/c cause a kraftwerks s/c is 400hp+ all day

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
He's running a kraftwerks. It isn't tuned for any higher grade fuel that I know of. He called me last night and was humbled by a Golf R on his way back from work. A coworker has Stage 3 Golf R... Don't know specifics but he claimed the R left him back about 2 car lengths.

I might just go straight to Stage 2 if I can save up enough for it. I'm not in a rush yet, still feeling the down payment I put on my GTI lol.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
His is the Si on the right. The Si on the left was mine.... now a proud Honda traitor lol

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
i would skip k04 and got gt30. for the similar amount your gains will be much better

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
skip it all and drop 3-4k on the big turbo set up and make 400+ and roll him lol

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
skip that all^^^^^ and pick a mk7 .:R and tune it.....

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha I wish I could get an MK7.. I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago... wouldn't I have to upgrade internals for a bigger turbo? I'm very new with VW all together, I've been a Honda owner for 15 years. 99' Civic Si, 01' Integra GSR, 94' Civic Hatch w/b18c5 and 08' Civic Si. I was impressed with the gains from the ECU tunes that I figured I could mod a GTI easier than my 08' Si. But I guess its the same thing in the long run lol Either way I am pleased with the DSG.