GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VXTuning Headlights - Possible new option for the MK6

CHerna

Ready to race!
Hello everyone,

I've been following VXTuning on IG since I had my MK4. VXTuning is popular for making headlight housings for the MK4, and a few other VW's here and there. Their MK4 assemblies have nice options, and look to be quality products. If you look through their IG, you will see many people run their lights. The MK4 headlight assemblies run $400-$600.

https://www.instagram.com/vx_tuning/?hl=en

Since I got my MK6 (w/ halogens), I've been pestering VXT to make headlight assemblies for the MK6. Finally, I got a response where they mention there is a very good chance they will dip into the MK6 market in 2018. With all MK6's out there, they'd be silly not to.

Currently, the options for us with halogens - who want to upgrade are:

-OEM swap
-Xenarc Osram lights
-What is left of Ed's reps
-Cheap eBay/Spyder/Depo/Helix lights

I think VXTuning can provide an intermediate option between the cheap and expensive options. You can help push by dropping comments on their IG and/or emailing them.

https://www.vxtuning.com/

Here's hoping for a new option!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
interested. the other options suck and the osrams are sweet but financially just a little far out of reach.

if these guys use good projectors and their lenses don't crackle up i'd be quite interested.

CHerna

Ready to race!
My thoughts exactly. The Osrams are beautiful, but too rich for my blood.

They use Morimoto projectors on the MK4 assemblies, which they seem to have success with. The quality, and light out-put seem to be good, based on a little digging I did.

Hopefully with the right price point, they can make a hit.

ash2111

What headlights will be installed in my MK 6 I’ve got a 62 plate GTD interested in getting headlight upgrade but some say not suitable for xenon installiation? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
My thoughts exactly. The Osrams are beautiful, but too rich for my blood.

They use Morimoto projectors on the MK4 assemblies, which they seem to have success with. The quality, and light out-put seem to be good, based on a little digging I did.

Hopefully with the right price point, they can make a hit.

I used to retrofit headlights for Chevy Cobalt SS's all the time and used all morimoto stuff - the bulbs/ballasts were kind of hit or miss on longevity but the projectors indeed are great output, cutoff, adjustability, and quality.