GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I DONT GET IT!!

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Do people not think, that dealerships need to make money. I mean when you make a salesman an offer.... THINK ABOUT IT AND HAVE IT MAKE SENSE!!! If one car's msrp is 1500 more MSRP without the package you want you do you think you're going to get it out the door for 500 less then that MSRP... JUST FYI guys... there isnt THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of markup on these cars! haha.. DONT BELIEVE everything the internet talls you!! haha :iono: Then when the salesperson shows you the invoice and proves you wrong DONT CALL THEM A LIAR! haha!! :thumbup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I read this post 3 times and don't understand whats being said....

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I read this post 3 times and don't understand whats being said....

haha... Ok, lets say you want a unknown car... w/o nav is 40,500 MSRP w/sunroof.. now you want to have NAV for 40,000 OTD.... Does that seem possible?? lol... just using this as an example...

theunderlord

Ready to race!
pretty sure daniel is kidding

People are just so used to being ripped off by dealers they have to be aggressive when shopping for a new car.

If pricing was set in stone, with no wiggle room, you wouldn't have any issues, but since the dealer tries to make as much money as possible on a sale, the customer has to try as hard as possible to get the best deal.

What SHOULD be done is fixed price for all vehicles but then you wouldn't be able to con some poor sap who knows nothing of the greed in car sales out of his hard earned money.

cacophony555

Ready to race!
People are just so used to being ripped off by dealers they have to be aggressive when shopping for a new car.

If pricing was set in stone, with no wiggle room, you wouldn't have any issues, but since the dealer tries to make as much money as possible on a sale, the customer has to try as hard as possible to get the best deal.

What SHOULD be done is fixed price for all vehicles but then you wouldn't be able to con some poor sap who knows nothing of the greed in car sales out of his hard earned money.

+1

There is a lot of markup on these cars due to holdback and undisclosed dealer incentives. I just bought a new 2012 Golf 2.5L for $1500 under invoice (cash transaction with no trade-in), and you can get a 2012 GTI for $1600 under invoice without much effort in the SF Bay Area. For any remaining 2011 models you can do even better.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I thought those "invoices" that you show customers aren't real, though? ;)

P

plac

P

plac

don't get butthurt just cuz u arent willing to give the deals other dealers might be giving. if your price is right, you sell cars. if they never come back, you know why.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I used to sell cars so I know how it works and in today's world of online pricing transparency, dealers have to be more honest than ever. They really should quit playing games and just sell them for a flat rate - negotiating on new cars is an antiquated process. I understand they do so to remain "competitive" against their peer dealers so it won't be going away any time soon.

There is little money to be made on new car sales. Revenue is generated via used car sales, financing, parts and service.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
+1

There is a lot of markup on these cars due to holdback and undisclosed dealer incentives. I just bought a new 2012 Golf 2.5L for $1500 under invoice (cash transaction with no trade-in), and you can get a 2012 GTI for $1600 under invoice without much effort in the SF Bay Area. For any remaining 2011 models you can do even better.

ROFL! 1600 UNDER INVOICE!!!???? hahahaha dude no way! Maybe 1600 UNDER MSRP if they're giving them away!!! :thumbsup: NO WAY SOMEBODY IS SELLING a '12 for 1600 under "invoice"..... Just so you know, INVOICE and MSRP are 2 seperate things!! Holdback is BARELT ANYTHING, usually couple hundred IF THAT!! haha So get your facts streight before you start flooding the public with FALSE information!!!

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
don't get butthurt just cuz u arent willing to give the deals other dealers might be giving. if your price is right, you sell cars. if they never come back, you know why.

Dude, I sell 19+ cars a month! Most people are un-realistic! My closing ratio is 68%... being that some people are literally JUST looking... Thats why it is my job to educate the people that come in to buy cars on what reality really is. Im very wide open with my customers, and there is NO money in new cars! haha So why try and piss somebody off for a couple hundred dollars! haha

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I used to sell cars so I know how it works and in today's world of online pricing transparency, dealers have to be more honest than ever. They really should quit playing games and just sell them for a flat rate - negotiating on new cars is an antiquated process. I understand they do so to remain "competitive" against their peer dealers so it won't be going away any time soon.

There is little money to be made on new car sales. Revenue is generated via used car sales, financing, parts and service.

:thumbup::thumbup: EXACTLY Right! The only reason prices are still negotiated is to be competative with other dealers. It's amazing how far somebody will travel for $150!!!