GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Yeah i dumped half of my washer fluid onto my windshield thinking it may just be that the tank is over filled, but that did not change anything at all, it still drips and is getting worse...

And then on the way home last night on a dark back road this guy in a volvo gets up next to me and gives me a thumbs up... as i proceed to thank him, BOOOOM!!!

Ran right over a MASSIVE truck tire, cracked the front bumper, destroyed the grilles, foglights, ripped out the underbody panels... f*ckin sucked guys... 5 days old!

Have to call the insurance today, thank God i transfered it from my old GTI to the new one. Got the police report and my g/f had her digital camera so we have all the evidence we need. Pics to come soon!

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes, especially on the highway, these dump trucks carry a full load of rocks and gravels, hit a bump or pothole and debris just fall out like a opened pinatas. The funny thing is they have canopies on them but are unless cause they are always overflow. I know the state troopers here in NJ tries to catch these trucks but how many can they catch?? Lucky you will get some scratches or dents, if not, a cracked windshield or sometimes worse. Just have to be careful and alway on defensive mood driving.

geokotzamanis

Passed Driver's Ed
I have noticed the same exact clutch noise with my car. Only in first gear. It makes this noise when clutch is engaging, like a clicking noise. Anyone know what this is?

zambrowiak

Passed Driver's Ed
I have noticed the same exact clutch noise with my car. Only in first gear. It makes this noise when clutch is engaging, like a clicking noise. Anyone know what this is?

I visited my garage and had them listen to this noise. They said it is normal. Hmmm.... I wish I could drive one manual GTI from their lot to confirm that.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
I visited my garage and had them listen to this noise. They said it is normal. Hmmm.... I wish I could drive one manual GTI from their lot to confirm that.

Maybe borrow your buddy's car at lunch time and test drive the GTI around the area. Probably that's your best approah. Unless all the dealership knows you already purchased a GTI already.

GTOTOGTI

LOOKS LIKE PLASTIC COVER UNDER THE DRIVER SIDE BODY POPPED OUT NO BIG DEAL WITH ONLY 200 MILES AND MY FIRST FOREIGN CAR ,BUT I DO LOVE THE CAR

waffleman

Ready to race!

I've got a manual transmission. if windows open, radio off, I can sometimes hear the gear change - same sound I've heard in other MT automobiles. No clicking.

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed

Just wanted to share...

I test drove a 6spd manual last night, and noticed this too. Almost like a grinding (or fast ticking noise) just around 500 - 1000 RPMs (if I remember correctly). I suspect the noise is always there, but maybe the general engine noise drowns it out as the RPMs get up there. :iono:

I also checked for the rear window washer nozzle leak, and couldn't see any problem with it. I even had the saleman run it while I watched, and it didn't seem to leak after he stopped spraying.

Not sure I'm going to get this one after hearing the first gear noise, though...

zee

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i dumped half of my washer fluid onto my windshield thinking it may just be that the tank is over filled, but that did not change anything at all, it still drips and is getting worse...

And then on the way home last night on a dark back road this guy in a volvo gets up next to me and gives me a thumbs up... as i proceed to thank him, BOOOOM!!!

Ran right over a MASSIVE truck tire, cracked the front bumper, destroyed the grilles, foglights, ripped out the underbody panels... f*ckin sucked guys... 5 days old!

Have to call the insurance today, thank God i transfered it from my old GTI to the new one. Got the police report and my g/f had her digital camera so we have all the evidence we need. Pics to come soon!

Sorry to hear:(...After reading this, I do not feel to bad about the stone chip I fot within 24hrs of drving mine.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I should report my issue too.
Three weeks today, 2100kms and my only issue is the rear washer dripping fluid...which everyone seems to have.

TDI110

O_o
I haven't had serious problems *knocks on wood* with the rear nozzle leakage, only a streak here and there. I drive a TDI with a manual trans and I haven't noticed any ticking or clicking. If I recall there is a topic that talks about the clicking noise of the TSI/DSG bouncing around. IIRC it had something to do with the supercharger and not the transmission, and something about VW saying it's normal... but don't quote me on that. I'll try to dig up the thread.

Edit: here's the thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799

Last edited:

sleepergti86

APRTuned
:( Sorry to hear that...that must have been a terrible feeling for having the car for such a short period of time.

Oh well, cars can be repaired...and no one was hurt.

She will be lookling like new in no time. :)

Thanks man! :)

rfteam1

Passed Driver's Ed
Not a gti but i would like to share my info..

4000 km so far (2 1/2 months)

-water in driver's side headlight (will visit dealer asap)
-rear window washer drip

Chris - dude, that blows about the wreck! :thumbdown: Glad to hear no one was hurt and the car can be fixed. Mine is on the boat and I should have her by the end of this month. Will update then. As long as I've been waiting for this biotch? I'll probably rack up 1,000 miles after the first two days :lol:

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
sounds like a lot of folks are having the rear wiper leakage. :(

Chris, you have any pics of the damage to the car?

mongo1

Ready to race!
Rear wiper leak here too. For now, it's a very minor announce. For me, I wash the rear window, wait a couple minutes for the little bit that leaks out to come out, then hit the rear wiper to get rid of the fluid. After that, there's no more leak for me until I wash the window again... Seems like it drains whatever is left in the chamber after you use the washer.

edit: poop. the rear nozzle got leaky without me using it today... guess we'll need vw to get a fix on this. i'll email my dealer today.

Last edited: