GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
Where did you get the 2.5mm from?

16mm from going from ET51 to ET35
and it should be ~6mm from going to an 8" wheel vs. 7.5" (1/4" each side, 1/4" = ~6mm)

so you will be ~22mm further out than stock per my calculation

sorry, I meant 16mm+0.25"
I was thinking 0.5mm more for width and not inches
yeah you right 0.25" =~6mm

Last edited:

StayStetti

Banned
So basicly lets say, if I am going from 18x7.5 et51 Detroits to 18x8 ET35 I will poke 16mm+2.5mm=18.5mm out, right?

I wonder if I lower ~1" on DG Springs, will I rub on 18x8 ET35 wheels ?

you forgot to add lug bolts length info
I believe the stock are 28mm

I don't think you will rub with 215/40's. May have slight rubbing in the front with 225's, but i'm not sure. Thanks for the info btw! :thumbsup:

Where did you get the 2.5mm from?

16mm from going from ET51 to ET35
and it should be ~6mm from going to an 8" wheel vs. 7.5" (1/4" each side, 1/4" = ~6mm)

so you will be ~22mm further out than stock per my calculation
Yep! A pretty aggressive setup, will poke a couple mm's.

StayStetti

Banned
Bump for info! Added tire size info yesterday and a useful links section as well. Please post anything that has been left out. :thumbsup:

FoxGTI

Ready to race!
Guys if I wanted to get 18x8" wheels considering the stock wheels are 18x7.5" ET51 what offset would I need to make sure the new wheels will fit ?
better yet when wheels I want are 18x8 ET48 which is a different of 3mm.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
can i go with a 18x7.5 et40 with a 205/45 tire? i think im gunna rub....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Great info this should be a sticky.

StayStetti

Banned
Guys if I wanted to get 18x8" wheels considering the stock wheels are 18x7.5" ET51 what offset would I need to make sure the new wheels will fit ?
better yet when wheels I want are 18x8 ET48 which is a different of 3mm.
Anything from upper 30's to upper 40's will work. Are you looking for the wheel to be flush with the fender, or just poke out some more than stock?

can i go with a 18x7.5 et40 with a 205/45 tire? i think im gunna rub....

:lol:

Cruz-in

Ready to race!
great write up!

probably one of the better FAQs out there for fitments. Not all forums cover wobble bolts :)

and nice pictures.

props to you

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
With bolts in them :

i like lips.:p

FoxGTI

Ready to race!
Anything from upper 30's to upper 40's will work. Are you looking for the wheel to be flush with the fender, or just poke out some more than stock?

I dont have much of a choice with the offset. The wheels just comes like that from tire rack. I am not looking to poke out at all. Flush or close to flush is what I would like. I would rather be on the conservative side and then get spacers if I wanted / needed. I have experience with spacers (H&R) and I don mind them at all.