GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev-hang will be the death of me

JerrBear

Ready to race!
I figured out getting how to get a smooth 1st-2nd gear shift which is waiting for the revs to drop about 1k rpm buut when I do this on the road off of a redlight the car behind me needs to brake while I'm waiting for the rpms to drop. How can I get on the gas faster and make for a faster acceleration on that gear change?!

Thanks ya'll

Mk6Pul

Passed Driver's Ed
Although I hate it most of the time since I drive windows down, just drive with the AC on. It helps tons...

McQueen77

Banned
this rev hang thing should really not be that big of an issue for people.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
The rev hang is based on how much fuel you are burning when you lift off. The more you feather off the throttle, the less hang. Max vacuum = zero hang.

If you've got someone behind you from 1st to 2nd just slip the clutch a little.. bummer but overall it's better than being rear ended.

JerrBear

Ready to race!
The rev hang is based on how much fuel you are burning when you lift off. The more you feather off the throttle, the less hang. Max vacuum = zero hang.

If you've got someone behind you from 1st to 2nd just slip the clutch a little.. bummer but overall it's better than being rear ended.

Nice edit, didn't really understand what you meant before but gotcha now. I'll make sure to try it out tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
this rev hang thing should really not be that big of an issue for people.

Agreed. If I watch the needle I can notice the rev hang on purpose, but it never bothers me while driving. If you are taking a leisurely drive then you shouldn't be shifting with your foot on the gas and you shouldn't be hammering the gears fast enough to notice.

Ending the jerkiness from 1st to 2nd just requires you find the right shift point (if you shift where the computer tells you to for mileage you will get some jerkiness, that shift point is for MPGs, not comfort).