GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #7617
webbry4
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn IE Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
My ECS oil plug leaked too. I went back to OEM style plug and it worked fine.

Got it completely sealed up better than before with Ecs plug and new oem washer from vw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webbry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #7618
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Ive been using an OEM plug and washer all along never any issues. I was considering ordering the magnetic ECS plug to try out. Guess Ill be sticking with OEM
Old 10-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #7619
Aqualung
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI w/ DSG, Black Pearl
Had my timing chain tensioner/CAM bridge replaced yesterday, picked up today. A couple of short drives after, I got a Bend Lighting failure message and have the 'light bulb' displaying. This is daylight hours, so my headlights were not on.

Q: Seems like a strange coincidence...have about 70k miles on the car. Might the tech have screwed up a connection while they were in there?

Update: I checked the light...there's condensation inside the right HL lens, and the Xenon bulb is out....guess that's probably it?

Last edited by Aqualung; 10-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #7620
jebusfreek666
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf GTI
Bought some of the center cap/lug covers to go with my steelies for winter. Part #5N0071456XRW. They were originally meant for the tiguan I think. Problem is, I can't get them to stay on the damn lugs. Sounds like it clips, but pulls off super easy. Is there a trick I'm missing?
jebusfreek666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #7621
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Do you know the part # of your steelies? Maybe they're shaped slightly differently. It says that they are for wheel part # 5N0601027B091. I do know that the regular wheel bolt covers for my serrons don't fit tightly either.

Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #7622
jebusfreek666
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
Do you know the part # of your steelies? Maybe they're shaped slightly differently. It says that they are for wheel part # 5N0601027B091. I do know that the regular wheel bolt covers for my serrons don't fit tightly either.
They are not OEM steelies, they are from Summit. I think they are U. S. Wheels brand. But I have seen several people on other sites say they fit. I am wondering if the lugs are just slightly too small to fit them. They are aftermarket lugs too. Maybe lug caps would help, then cram the covers on those? Or possibly some kind of adhesive? Just afraid that I either wont be able to get them back off, or that the adhesive wont hold up to sub-0 temps..... Not really sure where to go from here.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #7623
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebusfreek666 View Post
They are not OEM steelies, they are from Summit. I think they are U. S. Wheels brand. But I have seen several people on other sites say they fit. I am wondering if the lugs are just slightly too small to fit them. They are aftermarket lugs too. Maybe lug caps would help, then cram the covers on those? Or possibly some kind of adhesive? Just afraid that I either wont be able to get them back off, or that the adhesive wont hold up to sub-0 temps..... Not really sure where to go from here.
Center caps come in a few sizes. Measure again and be sure. If you're only going to use these with vws, break out the epoxy and make them fit for good.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #7624
jebusfreek666
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
Center caps come in a few sizes. Measure again and be sure. If you're only going to use these with vws, break out the epoxy and make them fit for good.
Trouble is, I need to be able to remove these to put my summer wheels on after winter.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #7625
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
So I've got all the trim off my bumper right now and I was just wondering...anybody ever take the honeycomb off to show off their IC?

I think it might look pretty good if I put the foglight covers and the trim back in, but I don't know how obvious the tabs on the trim will be.

Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #7626
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
I'd be afraid the inter-cooler would take a direct hit from road debris.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #7627
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
So I've got all the trim off my bumper right now and I was just wondering...anybody ever take the honeycomb off to show off their IC?

I think it might look pretty good if I put the foglight covers and the trim back in, but I don't know how obvious the tabs on the trim will be.

You'll be fine man, I was running my car that way before it got totaled and never had any issues. It gives you a reason to wipe down the fmic more often and breaks everyone's neck I've driven it to Las Vegas and through canyons and what not and never had any issues besides it getting dirty which is about it. Here is a picture for reference with the fog housing on

SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #7628
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI View Post
You'll be fine man, I was running my car that way before it got totaled and never had any issues. It gives you a reason to wipe down the fmic more often and breaks everyone's neck I've driven it to Las Vegas and through canyons and what not and never had any issues besides it getting dirty which is about it. Here is a picture for reference with the fog housing on

lemme get them wheels bruhh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #7629
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
lemme get them wheels bruhh.

You're way out in Florida though lol

Some member got the wheels and tires off me already, the tires were brand new too

SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #7630
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebusfreek666 View Post
Trouble is, I need to be able to remove these to put my summer wheels on after winter.
Oh my bad I assumed you meant center caps like this https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/...Wat/s-l225.jpg

Just looked your part number up. What about automotive tape by 3m? Semi permanent BUT comes off with some work?

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote