GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Here's to living in Quebec

MrBanananana

Ready to race!
I was in Ottawa for the winter this year from January until April. When I wanted to install my exhaust in August my clamps looked exactly the same. Ended up having to take it to a shop to break them off / replace them with new ones. Car was only a year old :(

Edit: picture!

Edmundo

Ready to race!
Could we prevent or ameliorate this with undercarriage wash during the winter months?

bskim2

Passed Driver's Ed
that reminds me winter is coming :(

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm planning on putting my winter tires on not this w-e but next w-e...

Mudkicker

Ready to race!
What is the part number for these rust prone clamps? I'm going to change them out this week and spray them with RustCheck.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
12 Year Warranty Coverage

This warranty covers the cost of all parts and labour needed to repair or replace any sheet metal panels that develop holes from rust or other corrosion. If a hole occurs because of something other than corrosion, this warranty does not apply. Cosmetic or surface corrosion – resulting, for example, from stone chips or scratches in the paint - is not covered.

SuperJ

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think fluid film or any sort of rust coating will save you for these clamps because they are on the exhaust. The heat makes them rust faster, the salt spray hits them and boils off leaving the salt behind.