GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post pics of 50% tint!

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

lol...that article is almost 7 years old. I've had numerous cops look at me at traffic lights and even a couple of DUI checkpoints all across NY state (Binghamton and NYC area)...nothing.

I honestly think if a cop is going to write me a ticket for 50% tints he's going to write me some sort of ticket regardless of if my windows are tinted or not... whether it be accelerating too fast or going 55 in a 50.

cobie56

Ready to race!
lol...that article is almost 7 years old. I've had numerous cops look at me at traffic lights and even a couple of DUI checkpoints all across NY state (Binghamton and NYC area)...nothing.

I honestly think if a cop is going to write me a ticket for 50% tints he's going to write me some sort of ticket regardless of if my windows are tinted or not... whether it be accelerating too fast or going 55 in a 50.

it is an older article, but based on people i speak w/ living in that area it's still happening. police are using tint meters to target 'violators' it may not be occurring in other areas of the state (certainly not in the northeastern part where i live) but evidently in the greater ny area it's a common practice, alas.

AbideDude

Ready to race!
NY I don't get it?!? Point made I guess 50% is nothing to complain about. Looks like 50% might be the best idea given a ticket would make that new tint job a lot more expensive.

In4morepics however:D would love to see black with 50%:w00t:

AbideDude

Ready to race!
NY I don't get it?!? Point made I guess 50% is nothing to complain about. Looks like 50% might be the best idea given a ticket would make that new tint job a lot more expensive.

In4morepics however:D would love to see black with 50%:w00t:

Had to laugh that I pulled he trigger before someone posted.

50%, kind of wish I got risky and went for 35%. Did see a cop on the way home though haha.

Went with Bravo per the earlier recommendation. Seems good so far customer experience left something to be desired but work looks good and was done in less than an hour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,184

MikeyMike

Passed Driver's Ed
op.

I didn't read anyones responses, but I will say this. I was born and raised in MN. I can dig that you don't want to get pulled over for your tint. I did mine 35% all around (living in California now) on a candy white 2 door, and it really doesn't look that dark. I'd be surprised if I got pulled over in any state. In broad daylight it almost doesn't look tinted.

Don't pay to tint your windows 50%, go 35. youll be fine

upon31

Passed Driver's Ed
20% on all sides... not legal in Iowa, but it was in Texas, where it was installed. It's wonderful inside in the summer. It's the darkest tint I have ever had.

Last edited:

Krautwagen

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with 45%. OP, PM me if you want info on who did it (south metro area). The difference between 50% and 45% was pretty substantial on the samples in the shop.

This pic looks darker than it actually is:

Tint on a white car usually makes the tint look darker due to the high contrast with the car. I had 35% on my old white 4kq and on my white Rabbit, and I did get ticketed for both several years ago. Even with a prescription, I'm not sure I'd go 35% again just because I don't want to be hassled in the first place.