GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 Timing?

lorenz11

Hey guys, my first real post here. Have been researching and occasionally replying on threads but here it goes.

I have a 2013 CW Manual GTI, and I'm planning to do stage 1 when APR does their next sale. As I've researched this topic, I've noticed that a majority of people seem to get their tunes soon after they purchase their car with lower miles. I bought my car brand new and have only put 19k miles on it. Is there an affect on getting the tune later in the car's life (even though 19k isn't that much)?

Thanks

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Nope. You can get your tune from 0 miles or 100,000 miles. It depends on the condition of the motor itself. If it's been looked after and serviced properly with no current issues, you can get a tune with relative peace of mind. The only "timing" people seem to use when getting tunes is waiting for their tuner of choice to have some sort of special running. That way you save some $$$.

The Wiry Irishman

Ready to race!
I did stage 1 at 30k, stage 2 at 40k, and k04 and 80k. 135k now without issue.

You'll be fine.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im at 52k miles and hoping to get stage 2 or go k04 by 60k miles. (granted to me that's probably more than a year.) Ive owned my GTI for 2 years and put about 13k miles on it soo ive got a nice long time frame for myself

pashley

Ready to race!
Did stage 1 at 25K and stage II at 27K...you might want to just jump right to stage II :)

That drive home after the DP install was sooooo fun.