POPS AND BURBLES

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the APR Downpipe right now.

Really? I would think my car sounds like a tractor

My dad used to have the Passat TDI and it sounded like a tractor :D
That's because thats a diesel, you have apr downpipe on stock exhaust? If so, chop the resonator and mufflers and you will have a good sound with lots of pops. My buddy has an mk5 and just got his stock resonator and muffler cut and his pops too.

avni

Ready to race!
What part of NY you from Dom? I'd love to check out your BEAST

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I don't have anything against the pops and crackles in a tune, but I personally find it sounds ghey... I don't want my car to sound like rice crispies

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have anything against the pops and crackles in a tune, but I personally find it sounds ghey... I don't want my car to sound like rice crispies
i got the crackles tune from stratified rolled around for a couple months with it then switched it to the non crackles tune and have been just as happy.

Sometimes i wish i had some crackles when i let off but imo the crackles tune gets annoying just driving along popping and cracking with out any effort. If i could get it to only pop like 4500-5000rpm or above i would consider switching it back on... this way during city/normal driving it would be quiet and normal and then only when i rip on it do i get the bangs.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
i got the crackles tune from stratified rolled around for a couple months with it then switched it to the non crackles tune and have been just as happy.

Sometimes i wish i had some crackles when i let off but imo the crackles tune gets annoying just driving along popping and cracking with out any effort. If i could get it to only pop like 4500-5000rpm or above i would consider switching it back on... this way during city/normal driving it would be quiet and normal and then only when i rip on it do i get the bangs.

This is somewhat how I feel about it. If the car does it naturally with a tune that isn't designed to do it (like mine does) it's fun. If it's completely programmed in and totally not random (looking at you as well Focus RS) then IMO it takes the joy out of it.

avni

Ready to race!
I can definitely see what you mean..changed my mind pretty much.

thanks BROS