GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Waiting on the last few bits of hardware to arrive before I start tearing into this thing. The press that's been in a box in my garage for about 2 months is going to get put together this weekend. My second bedroom that's been converted to an office is now officially storage space with barely any room to walk because it's full of car parts. Girlfriend will be happy to see these parts going on the car to get them out of the way :laugh:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Waiting on the last few bits of hardware to arrive before I start tearing into this thing. The press that's been in a box in my garage for about 2 months is going to get put together this weekend. My second bedroom that's been converted to an office is now officially storage space with barely any room to walk because it's full of car parts. Girlfriend will be happy to see these parts going on the car to get them out of the way :laugh:

come to my house this weekend....chinese food , beer and car work :iono:

sounds like a pretty good time iirc

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
naw I can't drive it currently.

^

jay745

Alright so work has begun a bit late. Got the rear suspension torn down. Control arms off, I ended up damaging one of the control arms pressing out the oem bushing that was stuck in there because it slipped off the press plate. Got a new one on order. Seems like pressing out the inner sleeve and then cutting the outer ring out is the way to go rather than trying to press out the outer ring.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm putting in those same bushings this weekend. This is making me not looking forward to it lol. That's gotta be a tiny rotary you bought, unless it's some kind of a dremel?

jay745

I'm putting in those same bushings this weekend. This is making me not looking forward to it lol. That's gotta be a tiny rotary you bought, unless it's some kind of a dremel?

It's a milwaukee rotory, It's small enough to get in there. I really hate that some of the bushing sleeves are metal and not plastic. I don't see any other way to get them out short of cutting them. The control arm doesn't have enough metal on the end to use the press. I broke it free with the press but as soon as it gets flush with the control arm it doesn't want to go any further.