GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No bluetooth module but bluetooth on radio

Tomstud12

Hello

So today i bought volkswagen golf 2010 MK6 Highline and i looked through the radio and it had the: setup bluetooth audio source.

I turned that on but i did not see the bluetooth on my phone and i checked on the internet and they all said under the seat but i got nothing under both of my seats?

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure which radio you have, but it's likely the RNS315. Which has bluetooth built into the radio (ie nothing under the seat)

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
You have the RCD310, i had the exact same in my Golf MK6. It does support bluetooth but it doesn't always come with the module under the seat. You can install bluetooth for it but i swapped my RCD310 out with the RCD330 which comes with Bluetooth built-in.

Tomstud12

You have the RCD310, i had the exact same in my Golf MK6. It does support bluetooth but it doesn't always come with the module under the seat. You can install bluetooth for it but i swapped my RCD310 out with the RCD330 which comes with Bluetooth built-in.

Yes i want to put in an android radio for volkswagen that comes with bluetooth i just thought it had bluetooth

But am i able to install the bluetooth module cause i can't find any cables that it would connect to under passenger seat

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes i want to put in an android radio for volkswagen that comes with bluetooth i just thought it had bluetooth

But am i able to install the bluetooth module cause i can't find any cables that it would connect to under passenger seat

You are able to install the Bluetooth Module on your current radio but the cables need to be wired in, there isn't any pre-existing ones i don't think, if that's what you're thinking. Even when you do install Bluetooth on your existing radio it will just say BT-AUDIO on the radio interface, you won't be able to see/skip the songs from the radio so it's just as useful as AUX.

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
I was in the same situation as you with the same radio and no bluetooth. I looked around to install the bluetooth module but it just seemed like a lot of hassle for someone like myself (im not sure how technically skilled you are so if you are then you can probably do it yourself without struggle) so i just ended up buying the RCD330 for £130 and installed it myself, it was literally just a straight swap / plug and play and it comes with everything installed in the radio itself including bluetooth. It has it's bugs but for £130 and a 10 minute self install you can't complain.

Tomstud12

I was in the same situation as you with the same radio and no bluetooth. I looked around to install the bluetooth module but it just seemed like a lot of hassle for someone like myself (im not sure how technically skilled you are so if you are then you can probably do it yourself without struggle) so i just ended up buying the RCD330 for £130 and installed it myself, it was literally just a straight swap / plug and play and it comes with everything installed in the radio itself including bluetooth. It has it's bugs but for £130 and a 10 minute self install you can't complain.

Ah that's great i'll look into that also i seen you can use CarPlay for iphone? Do you know anything about this? And you mentioned the bugs? Would these be any major bugs like freezing or anything?

Thanks

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah that's great i'll look into that also i seen you can use CarPlay for iphone? Do you know anything about this? And you mentioned the bugs? Would these be any major bugs like freezing or anything?

Thanks

Yeah so if you have an iPhone you can use CarPlay on the RCD330 (A quick Google Search will get you up to date on it's features), with the RCD330 you just plug your phone into the units USB port. There is also an Android equivalent called Android Auto.

There is loads of different versions of hardware and software going around for these RCD330's so post around or read up before you actually purchase one! The one i have i believe is the most stable one to date but i could be wrong. The only bugs i have experienced are not major in anyway, just little things that take a couple of seconds to work around or fix just such as the bass resetting on the radio.

If you are actually interested in purchasing the RCD330 i would suggest making a post in the thread or reading through it as there is a lot of Geniuses that can answer your questions. I'm clued up on the RCD330 a bit because i did the swap myself but not as much as others. However feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Link to thread - http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110801

Tomstud12

Yeah so if you have an iPhone you can use CarPlay on the RCD330 (A quick Google Search will get you up to date on it's features), with the RCD330 you just plug your phone into the units USB port. There is also an Android equivalent called Android Auto.

There is loads of different versions of hardware and software going around for these RCD330's so post around or read up before you actually purchase one! The one i have i believe is the most stable one to date but i could be wrong. The only bugs i have experienced are not major in anyway, just little things that take a couple of seconds to work around or fix just such as the bass resetting on the radio.

If you are actually interested in purchasing the RCD330 i would suggest making a post in the thread or reading through it as there is a lot of Geniuses that can answer your questions. I'm clued up on the RCD330 a bit because i did the swap myself but not as much as others. However feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Link to thread - http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110801

Hey i just wanted to ask about the RCD330, you don't get voice recognition with it? Or the phone option on the MFD do you?

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey i just wanted to ask about the RCD330, you don't get voice recognition with it? Or the phone option on the MFD do you?

You can press a button on the unit itself and tell it to call someone etc but i don't think there's a phone option on the MFD. The only thing i've noticed that comes up on the MFD is when someone is calling it show's who's calling.

Do you have the buttons on the steering wheel? I don't so im not sure what buttons integrate over...

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed

Just seen your new thread, hopefully someone who's more clued up can answer your questions a bit better than me!

You can press a button on the unit itself and tell it to call someone etc but i don't think there's a phone option on the MFD. The only thing i've noticed that comes up on the MFD is when someone is calling it show's who's calling.

Do you have the buttons on the steering wheel? I don't so im not sure what buttons integrate over...

Now, My mk6 GTI doesn't have the media buttons on the steerting wheel. I am not sure if you yours has it but on the roof there is a bluetooth button and voice control. I believe it is where the micro phone is too. There is another button for voice control. Does Voice control still work to call people after you have installed the RCD330?

the Women that says, "Main Menu"