GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**CHECK TYRES** message on HUD

batezy84

I had this on my 2010 GT the other day after having the two front tyres changed. On my 2009 model there was a button near to the cigarette lighter to 'set' the tyres. However on the 2010 model (after much fiddling about) the button has been moved into the glovebox next to the passenger airbag lock.

Just thought I would share that with you all as it annoyed me until I found it.

Don't know why VW moved it, maybe people were 'setting' incorrect pressures and damaging the cars....

:23:

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I had this on my 2010 GT the other day after having the two front tyres changed. On my 2009 model there was a button near to the cigarette lighter to 'set' the tyres. However on the 2010 model (after much fiddling about) the button has been moved into the glovebox next to the passenger airbag lock.

Just thought I would share that with you all as it annoyed me until I found it.

Don't know why VW moved it, maybe people were 'setting' incorrect pressures and damaging the cars....

:23:
It does not set pressures. It learns for about 60 miles after been pressed the rolling circumference of the wheels under varied conditions, speed, cornering etc. You can watch it learn via VCDS(VAGCOM).

They moved it because people were hitting it by mistake rather than the ACC suspension change button. So it was in constant learn mode rather than monitor mode.

batezy84

It does not set pressures. It learns for about 60 miles after been pressed the rolling circumference of the wheels under varied conditions, speed, cornering etc. You can watch it learn via VCDS(VAGCOM).

They moved it because people were hitting it by mistake rather than the ACC suspension change button. So it was in constant learn mode rather than monitor mode.

That explains it then! cheers mate