GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Mk6 vs stage 2 MK4

srtkr

Ready to race!
The other night me and a buddy did a pulll. My car is Giac tuned with milltek catless turbo back. He has unitronic with a GHL exhaust
both 2nd gear 40mph we were door to door. no one would pull away.
I would have thought our cars would be a little faster due to the 2.0 vs 1.8
Anyone else have same results?
im 6MT btw

VWghost26

Ready to race!
Weight difference?

srtkr

Ready to race!
He does not have a k04. He's a good friend of mine and have worked on the car with him. So I'm lost. Maybe they tuner flashed my car with a stage 1 tune? There's no way I can really check since I don't have a boost gauge.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
APR site the apr ko4 kit for the mk4 gti is good for 242hp/268lb-ft on 91 octane gas, and 245hp/275lb-ft on 93 octane gas vs my UNITRONIC STAGE 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ MK6 GTI 6-speed

veedubj011

Ready to race!
Yeah somethings wrong. I am giac stage 1 and i pull my roommates giac stage 2 mk4 gti by 3+ cars. He would need a k04 to even keep up with you.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Agreed. I've raced a few buddies with MKIV's. One APR stage 2, and one Unitronic stage 2. I'm APR stage 2, and I pulled really bad on them multiple times.:fighting0030:

srtkr

Ready to race!
stkr who was it with the mk4? i might know them.

Its my friend Alvins. He come to the tuesday meet with me. I think I'm going to take my car to Perfect Power (the shop who tuned it) and have them reflash it.
Also my neighbor has a dyno so maybe I can have him see what it's putting down.