GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steelcurtain's mk5 GTI vs FBO N54 335i vs C5 Zo6 w/ bolt ons.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
yeah he was definitely coming up for sure. need some more road!

wow only 4th? i want to see 6th topped out.

Not too many places to top out 6th gear haha. Me and the z06 have done 155mph a few times... Wasn't even close to redlining 6th.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
There will be a rematch against the zo6 the next time we're in Mexico! He also didn't have a second passenger.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
Patrick was at 3000rpm in third gear, vette was in 2nd gear (misunderstanding) causing the vette to get the jump

I dont understand this...why do people insist on picking a gear instead of a speed? Pick a speed and get in whatever gear suits you best.

Nice vids and thanks for the post. I see why you're explaining the misunderstanding but don't see why there was one to begin with.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
I dont understand this...why do people insist on picking a gear instead of a speed? Pick a speed and get in whatever gear suits you best.

Nice vids and thanks for the post. I see why you're explaining the misunderstanding but don't see why there was one to begin with.

There was a misunderstanding because we were trying to get the run started before we ran out of room, and couldn't really hear each other due to the straight pipes on the vette lol. The vette wanted a 35 roll and we wanted a 50 roll, but Patrick ended up just dropping down to 35/40 in 3rd gear to avoid wheel spin in 2nd... Whatever though! All in good fun :)

rquinn19

Ready to race!
There was a misunderstanding because we were trying to get the run started before we ran out of room, and couldn't really hear each other due to the straight pipes on the vette lol. The vette wanted a 35 roll and we wanted a 50 roll, but Patrick ended up just dropping down to 35/40 in 3rd gear to avoid wheel spin in 2nd... Whatever though! All in good fun :)

Gotcha. Just always laugh when I see videos and people are asking what gear?

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
OP consistently posts some of the best vids of Mexico on this or any forum. Nice. Really makes me want to visit that beautiful country for some roll racing and the Paraditas in the Zona Norte :thumbsup:

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Stay tuned tonight for Zach's BT GTI vs my stage II+ 135i with E85 at the fast and furious premier.

I can't wait. I heard your dyno numbers. But, it's about the pull on a real road that I care about. GL Lou. I love BMWs. Starting to get annoyed with VWs. Lol