Met a friend at work: 84 Scirocco 16v

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Me getting towed to a dealership a couple months ago after blown water pump

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Pulling up to APR HQ for K04 flash (v3.31)

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Derp, derp, derp...got a hammer to fix your tunes...

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Rolling shot

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Hanging with a few friends from a local VW car club

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Recently changed my Spulen short shifter and OEM side-to-side relay lever with the VWR short shifter kit which comes with a new non plastic improved metal relay lever and a new OEM Bowden cable catch. The piece was more expensive than the Spulen short shifter because it come with more hardware (a new replacement Bowden catch cable costs I think $46 by itself). I followed these instructions as a guided http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...selgeek-Sigma-Six-Speed-Short-Shifter-Install

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
The install process was relatively painless. The most arduous steps were adjusting the short shifter so first gear wouldn't stick, but would engage fluidly. I did make sure to set the clutch in neutral and made sure to keep the gear shift in the home position by securing it with an allen wrench. I needed to move the cable catch knob on the short shifter further out to the OEM position (sliding it away from the stop further; I think I still have to adjust it some more because first still sticks before engaging occasionally).

I replaced the entire unit because the OEM friction piece in the relay lever faulted and jammed itself in the short shifter. This caused the peg holding the friction piece to break and both end clips on the catches to snap off. The securing bushing/knob on the OEM relay lever also snapped.

The new feels are good with smooth engagements and noticeable shorter throws than the Spulen, mainly due to smaller relay lever, better connector knobs (shorter and metal), new friction piece and a readjustment.

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

Here's the kit that I replaced.

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

Spulen on the left, and VWR on the right

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

Won 1st in Class: Euro Custom at the O'reilly's World of Wheels Car Show this year.

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

Rocking the Detroit winter setup for now.

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
I love gollllllllld

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Installed a Spulen catch can 2 weeks ago. Will drain it tomorrow to see if I collected anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk