GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wide Tires

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

So i'm thinking about hopping on the Hankook V12Evo sale before it goes out at the end of this month.

What i'm debating is tire width. I'm going to be re-wrapping the detroits, and I want to know if i should put a 235/40-18 tire on instead of the stock 225/40-18's. I'm almost 100% sure the width of the detroit is 7.5.

Has anybody done this?

(And if you know alot about tires and wheel width, should i or should i not do that?)

Thanks in advance!

DBW

Ready to race!
I think the Huffs are 8" wide. Tirerack would be able to verify the tire clearence issue.
Hope that helps a bit.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Hi guys,

So i'm thinking about hopping on the Hankook V12Evo sale before it goes out at the end of this month.

What i'm debating is tire width. I'm going to be re-wrapping the detroits, and I want to know if i should put a 235/40-18 tire on instead of the stock 225/40-18's. I'm almost 100% sure the width of the detroit is 7.5.

Has anybody done this?

(And if you know alot about tires and wheel width, should i or should i not do that?)

Thanks in advance!

235 may rub on fender liners at full compression. Modification to liner may be required if using ET45 or lower 8" wheels. I don't have the listing on the stock width, but 8" is the bottom of the rim width range for the Hankook.

Last edited: