GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
I step on it in 4th and I just don't get past the giant suv blocking my vision fast enough. Is there a cure for that?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yep, boner all the way home today from the k04 being installed. love it. didnt get much time to mess with it due to road trip and storms dumping all day. so tomorrow, maybe i will have some fun.

BROTATO HAZ BIN BRONERIZED

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

P

plac

A Tiguan AWD family SUV with K04 would be a killer setup. But I guess the suspension and brakes would be way too soft to handle the power.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I don't know what you guys are talking about I'm barely tumescent with my K04.

I have my moments when I think that way. But when I realize I drive 100miles+ a day, I'm very very happy with the power I got. Its perfect for a DD and that low end torque is balls deep.

just had the first victim to fall to the k04. two guys in a black mustang with pink flames. yep....GAAAAAAAAY

Fucking win right there. Any mustang that falls at the hands of a K04 is awesome. I still want to run a current gen 5.0L but I'm very very certain that will not come out how I want it to.

Still......I pounded an 08 GT 2 days ago. :D

A Tiguan AWD family SUV with K04 would be a killer setup. But I guess the suspension and brakes would be way too soft to handle the power.

No Kidding. I'm doing research for an AWD conversion on my MKV. THAT would be AWESOME!

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Boner has been softened due to AWE's vague instructions on coolant/oil feed lines.
but on a positive not Grambles set the record straight. when i get home from work tonight i will swap the plug in the turbo cartridge and install AWE coolant line. my GIAC Software will be in today as well today....so i basically have KO4 BLUE BALLZ right now.

But big thanks to Grambles...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Boner has been softened due to AWE's vague instructions on coolant/oil feed lines.
but on a positive not Grambles set the record straight. when i get home from work tonight i will swap the plug in the turbo cartridge and install AWE coolant line. my GIAC Software will be in today as well today....so i basically have KO4 BLUE BALLZ right now.

But big thanks to Grambles...

No problem man :thumbsup: Much like I said in the Chicago thread, quality control is definitely needed! Glad I could help though!

K04 blue ballz.....definitely not cool. ESPECIALLY if it was caused by AWE in the first place.

P

plac

i dont have a clue why anyone would buy a AWE kit over an APR kit, given all that DV relocation mess. Its a way less clean setup.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i dont have a clue why anyone would buy a AWE kit over an APR kit, given all that DV relocation mess. Its a way less clean setup.

Price. And his location. He mightve gotten a really good deal.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I almost went AWE as I have a shop that would install it for only $299.... compared to the fucking ass load I paid for the APR kit to be installed, however the customer service of both the shop (for the most part) and APR is very good.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yeah. I was pretty gung ho on the AWE/GIAC kit for a LONG time since they made a lot more power at the time (~30hp+) But then APR came out with V2 and I won the raffle it was a no brainer. If I had to do it again, I would buy the APR kit since it was soooooo easy to install and almost 100% OEM.