GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

• I have the Autobahn package and I would do it again.

Votes: 95 43.6%
  • I have the Autobahn package and I would NOT do it again.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I don't have the Autobahn, but would have added it if i could($$/availability).

Votes: 42 19.3%
  • I was never interested in the Autobahn package.

Votes: 78 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I had to do it over again, I'd buy a CPO Autobahn. Love the leather, serrons, and keyless entry. And absolutely obsessed with the Dynaudio. Driving a fun car while listening to good tunes on a premium sound system is orgasmic.

Not really a big fan of the Nav though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd go Autobahn but only CPO so at least you save money and still get a longer warranty.

Win win.

New? Forget about it, just get the Golf R and call it a day.

+1, the CPO'd Autobahns that typically go between $22-$25K for 2010-11's are fantastic deals.

The Golf R premium (AB equivalent) at $33K-ish discounted pricing is also quite awesome.

Find a 1 or 2 year old CPO Autobahn and you can get a fantastic deal.

yep!

T-Quinn

Ready to race!
Look for a 2012 model. I got a 2012 Autobahn 6MT at a mangers special $27,500. With taxes and fees the drive out price was less than MSRP.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Still someone needs to be buying those Autobahns new so we can come in and pick them up later ;)

truth

Look for a 2012 model. I got a 2012 Autobahn 6MT at a mangers special $27,500. With taxes and fees the drive out price was less than MSRP.

how many miles on it? i got my MT AB brand new for $28,750 before TTL, etc.

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
Personal choice, but I’ll argue against the autobahn package. To me, a base GTI at $25,000 is an incredible value. As DGriff mentioned, an autobahn package increases that price by about 30%, which seriously erodes the GTI’s bang-for-buck value. As Misaka mentioned, for the price of an autobahn GTI you are practically in A3 (or Golf R) territory. The autobahn package is not quite like putting lipstick on a pig, but it is a lot to pay for mostly cosmetic upgrades that do not change the essence of the car.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
The autobahn package is just what makes it a "premium" hatch for me. The competition is a more compelling option when up against the base.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

hmm, thats not too bad then at all considering the super mileage.

Personal choice, but I’ll argue against the autobahn package. To me, a base GTI at $25,000 is an incredible value. As DGriff mentioned, an autobahn package increases that price by about 30%, which seriously erodes the GTI’s bang-for-buck value. As Misaka mentioned, for the price of an autobahn GTI you are practically in A3 (or Golf R) territory. The autobahn package is not quite like putting lipstick on a pig, but it is a lot to pay for mostly cosmetic upgrades that do not change the essence of the car.

$25K for a base? no one should be paying that if you are informed ;)

I'd argue there is a lot of function to th AB package and not just cosmetic upgrades...

The autobahn package is just what makes it a "premium" hatch for me. The competition is a more compelling option when up against the base.

true.

You guys are beasts. I'm emailing GunKata next time I'm car shopping.

:wub: holla at ya boy!

rich337

Ready to race!
I have an Autobahn and I'd buy it again. I love KESSY, the supportive leather seats, and having all the options (nav, sunroof, xenons). Since I have no intentions of modding this car, the Dynaudio upgrade and Serron wheels are perfect for me.

It's a matter of taste of course :) The package makes the car feel a lot more upscale. At the end of the day, it was still $7-8K cheaper than an A3 or Golf R (which I didn't care for anyway).

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
GK I'm gonna have to hit you up when I trade in my TDI for a GTI Autobahn soon haha

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
This is a pretty good debate here. Usually these end up one-sided.

It's worth noting that some people who have sun/nav or lower said they might have gotten an Autobahn if they did it all over again, while no one who opted for an Autobahn has said they wish they didn't.

I love the interlagos seats, and I love the Detroits. Throw in the $ savings and it was an easy choice for me. Especially since I still got the bi-xenons.

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
$25K for a base? no one should be paying that if you are informed ;)

Agreed. $25,300 is MSRP on a base 6MT. Most people will buy it for around $24,000 or less. Not that it matters, but I bought mine used with 4,100 miles for $19,200 before taxes and tags.