GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hurdy's R thread

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Did a few runs using the Dynolicious app. Proved to be accurate with the GPS Performance box in the past.

Using only 99ron (93 octane) fuel without WMI just to see where things sit performance wise.

0-60 times are similar, which I expected, but top end gains help with the overall runs and quicker to 100mph.

Just to add that my current tires are going off a little, hence the slower 60' time. Normally my 60' time is under 1.8 on fresher tyres. So over 0.3 seconds slower at the 60' would mean over half a second slower on the 1/4 mile.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Damn nice!!

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car ran decently yesterday at the drag strip. Day was warm ( mid 70's f) but not too hot.:cool:

12.11@112.25

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Nice! That puts you as the 2nd fastest K04 car on Vortex's 1/4 mile chart!

A cool nite and some better tires and,,,,,,, !!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Check my sig. I'm hybrid K04 now with the Loba L0400:thumbsup:

I know, been watching for quite some time! Still a K04 though, and running with the Stage III guys! :w00t:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Update.....

After a few adjustments and some nice cool weather recently I did another few 1/4 mile runs. I must say I'm impressed with how the car is running at the moment and using this method or recording my runs has yielded results within 0.05 seconds for the time at an official strip.:cool:

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Wow! Ya do know that if you can replicate that time at the strip you've just beat APR USA's own Stage 3 car!

Congrats!!

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Wow! Ya do know that if you can replicate that time at the strip you've just beat APR USA's own Stage 3 car!

Congrats!!

The turbo I'm running is pitched at 400bhp on pump gas, so with the extra mods and WMI I'm running I shouldn't be too far off APR's car with my DSG launch.:thumbsup:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Recent dyno run on pump gas plus WMI.

My result below.:cool:

Over 350bhp by 4800rpm and flat lines over 390bhp between 6000-7000rpm

Also over 300lbft of torque available from 3200-6600rpm, with over 350lbft from 3500-5500rpm. :thumbsup:

The most noticeable thing is absolutely no dips in power delivery, just one big surge of power to 7000rpm.

The bhp was measured from the rundown drive losses in fwd mode.

Direct measure peak was 346whp.

Last edited:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Well, soon got a little bored of the L0400 and so I am upgrading to an L04XX. Big step as it gives 100+ bhp over my current set-up!

Also took the car out for some snaps as it has just had its winter wax protection done. :cool:

Last three are my favourites.

Particularly the last one. arty B&W.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
wow impressive numbers man awesome!