GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Downpipe with Unibrace UB

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I have been searching for a bit and I am looking to see if anyone who has the APR downpipe has a Unibrace UB on there car and what the fitment was like with how large the resnator is. Much larger then you could fit just by using the spacer kit for what I can tell.

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Before I bought my UB and RB they told me the UB would fit. I'll be putting it on in about a month.. will let you know.

ian dummy

Ready to race!
I'll chime in for drhiggens...

for the record, the unibrace UB does not fit over the resonator on the Golf R APR exhaust. It looks like the driveshaft makes the resonator sit too low.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to bring up an old thread, did anyone install the brace with Apr downpipe? If you did, did you need the spacers or not? thanks for any updates

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Everything fits great, super easy install. Guess I forgot to post these:

drhiggens

Ready to race!
Im glad it fits on the gti, does not fit on the R. unless you remove the resonator. Space is really tight with the size of the resonator and the drive shaft and it is not even close to fitting.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent, I know what I'll be ordering soon.

drhiggens

Ready to race!
Just wanted to point out this was originaly posted in the R section. and the APR Gti Down pipe I'm sure fits, but the R's does not fit with the UB.

Cevin1

Ready to race!
Just buy a TBperformance brace. Problem solved. I have an APR DP and it fits great with it, it's like half the cost too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jernigan007

Ready to race!
do you have a link for this TBperformance brace?