Ready to race!
Getting some H2O prep done...

- Front Bumper License Plate Holes Filled
- Painted Side Markers
- New Painted Tow Hook Cover
- Fix Hood Clear Coat

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Went to H2Oi last weekend despite the terrible weather and had a pretty good time. Definitely spent a some time cleaning up the wheels a few times because the lips were getting nasty b/c of the rain and the faces were coated with brake dust (like usual) :rolleyes:

The show season is starting to wind down and I'm trying to decide what I'm going to work on next. I'm thinking something that could act as a fog light since our cars didn't come with them?

Here are some of the only photos I took of my car the whole weekend:

And here are two my buddy took:

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
So my air tank has been leaking and I can't figure out where its coming from or how to eliminate it.

Pic for reference

I have hard lines so my first thought was there. Last weekend I pulled all the tubes and put a thin layer of Teflon tape on the ferrules to make sure it wasn't coming from the compression fittings. The weekend prior to that, I recut (with an airline cutting tool) both of plastic tubes that came from my tank to the manifold and the tube from the tank to the tank pressure sensor and it's still not gone. I've done a leak test on my bags and I know the manifold isn't feeding more air into them or draining air from them, but I'm still going from 150psi to ~80psi after about 10hrs. The problem is that the leak is so slow that I wouldn't get any results from spraying soapy water on my fittings.

I'm not airing out or back up in the freezing weather so I'd rather not have my compressors turn on every morning in the winter just to fill up the tank because of the leak.

euro+tuner over on the air suspension forum suggested that I put the supplied barb fitting that came with your compressors in place of your filter, and to put a balloon on the barb and let it sit overnight. This way, if the balloon inflates at all I know my check valve has failed. So I didn't have room to put the barb fittings on the ends of the compressors due to the way they are mounted, but I did have room to fit an NPT to PTC elbow fitting on the sides. I put the balloon on the end of the PTC side of the fitting and a rubber band around it so it sealed to the body of the fitting. One of the balloons started to fill up after a few hours and the other did slightly inflate. Awesome idea for checking really slow leaks. :thumbup:

The check valves are here and should be installed tomorrow. I'll do another 'balloon leak test' once they're installed to ensure that no more air is leaking through the compressors. I also ordered a BMS Clutch Stop that should arrive on Monday.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
I installed some new check valves during my lunch today. Hopefully my tank pressure holds steady from now on and I don't have to go on a ghost hunt to try and find another leak. I also put in my BMS clutch stop with all 3 shims. It will take some getting used to but it's already nice to not have to put so far in to bottom the clutch pedal out.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
I finally found some time to start working on the new wheel build. I shipped my 6.5" barrels out to Spinfab to exchange them for 7.5" barrels. Once the barrels get powder coated, I can finally get the new centers and barrels shipped to me. Also, I have brand new 215/40-18 Nitto Neogens sitting in my workspace waiting to get put on these Futura's. They're getting impatient and so am I... :rolleyes:

Tumbled my nuts/bolts clean.

I wet sanded the lips with 3200 and polished the lips by hand twice.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
So unfortunately my IDF Rear Control Arms aren't going to come in on time so I had to reschedule my shop time to get the car ready for the season. I was trying to be ready for our first meet of the season at a local get together I run called Live Low Or Die, but it's going to have to wait...

My new Futura centers and barrels are in the mail and should be here by Wednesday, so I'm getting excited to get these together. I also bought Air Lift Performance Rear Shocks so I can have a shorter stroke and not max out my height sensors for the E-level anymore. I'll also be able to set up an air out height too so my fenders don't hit my lips when I'm at 0psi.

These are mirror polished with a clear powder coat and black lettering. I'm so excited to get these back together and on the car.

---

---

---

...and some motivation:

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Finally got a chance to finish these over the last few days. I tapped all the threaded holes on the center caps for the CF ring, and tapped the holes in the centers for the long cap mounting screws. Also I needed to sand down the inside edge of all the barrels because the overspray of the powder coat made them too small to fit on the centers. I then I dry fit everything together with some finger tightend bolts to hold it all together.

---

I don't have any pictures of the bolting process, but I installed all the bolts in a star pattern torqued everything to 240in./lb. (20ft./lb.) using blue Loctite. Pretty standard stuff. I masked the seam between the barrel and lip with electrical tape on all the wheels. The first seal I laid down was ~1/4", and after letting them set for ~45min I laid down a bigger seal ~1/2" wide. It came out real nice.

---

Here are some detail shots. The small things make me happiest.

---

All done and ready for tires.

Sorry for the sh!tty cell phone pictures. I'll take some nice pictures with my Nikon before they go on the car.