GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Installed - Wooing sound over 2k RPM?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
off topic but youre going to have to do at least aftermarket IC piping at some point with the APR tune its just too much boost for those OEM connectors. Once you get your clutch and start going WOT they'll probably pop that day lol. Think about going aftermarket TOP and CHARGE PIPE with silicone sleeves and clamps instead of a kit that tries to use the STOCK intercooler connectors, theyre garbage

That's my next mod but I was hoping to wait out until Spring because obviously it's gonna get crazy cold here in Jersey soon. I figure I can survive the Fall/Winter on the stock intercooler.

Can you link me to any recommendations on those? I will be definitely in the market come early Spring next year. :thumbup:

adema69

Ready to race!
JUST GET THE ARM FRONT MOUNT ITS CHEAP PRICE WISE BUT GREAT INTER COOLER RUNNING ON MY K04 CAR AND NO ISSUES.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Get the intercooler that is best for you. For example i bought a used apr. No way i would pay for a brand new one.
I would stay away from arm for fitment issues. Go neuspeed if you want front, or get whatever is on sale if you want stock location

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I just had ARM Fmic installed, didn't have any fitment issues. Just had to use different clamps because the ends of the Intercooler aren't completely round.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I just had ARM Fmic installed, didn't have any fitment issues. Just had to use different clamps because the ends of the Intercooler aren't completely round.
That's good to hear. There was this big thread on it so I ended up staying away.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
I run the ARM fmic with my k04 setup as well. No issues at all. But you definitely want to get some better hose clamps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk