GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: SS Brake Lines and Fluid Flush

demon342

Ready to race!
Also add... To that... Don't over tighten the bleeder nipples... I repeat DON'T OVER TIGHTEN THE BLEEDER NIPPLES.

Every DIY I've read about bleeding brakes never really mentions this and I'm learning the hard$$$ way.

Bled the brakes on my BBK which all went smoothly, but I guess I over tightened the bleeder nipples with my gorilla hands. Found this out on the track when the combination of hot brakes and overly tightened bleeder nipples led to fluid gushing out of the BBK calipers baking and corroding onto the paint of the calipers. Also sucking air back into the system leading to loss of brakes on the track.

So now I have to buy new bleeder nipples and hope that the caliper threads aren't stripped, if it is stripped then the caliper threads are gonna have to be re threaded. On top of that after I get it sorted out... I'm gonna have to get the calipers repainted.

Also if you do have a BBK.. the nipples will weep a little so maybe it's best to use the inner bleeder nipples so if it does weep it'll be on the inner side that you can't see.

Lastly on my BBK the nipples should be torqued to 10 lb/ft and on an OEM brake I believe it is 7lb ft... In other words tight enough so the fluid stops coming out then 1/8 of a turn tug.

This is from a while ago hope your still active, Where did you find Stainless Steel brake lines for your BBK that would fit?