GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More rev hang after mods?

jon570

Ready to race!
Has anyone else experienced more rev hang after doing mods? I’m running stratified via Cobb. Had had a stock intake for a day. Never went over 4psi just because I didn’t have the intake on yet. Not i have the intake on and it feels like there is more rev hang. I monitor my injection time on my Cobb and before the intake it would keep injection timing up for half a second after letting off the gas. Now it’s a few seconds. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone else experienced more rev hang after doing mods? I’m running stratified via Cobb. Had had a stock intake for a day. Never went over 4psi just because I didn’t have the intake on yet. Not i have the intake on and it feels like there is more rev hang. I monitor my injection time on my Cobb and before the intake it would keep injection timing up for half a second after letting off the gas. Now it’s a few seconds. Anyone else experience this?

I hate the rev hangs, mine definitely got worse with mods but mine happens more when my car has been running for awhile. Like if I've been running errands where I have to keep starting and stopping the engine. Do you have a stock clutch? From what I hear a lighter flywheel pretty much eliminates rev hangs.

jon570

Ready to race!
Brobst. Depends. I know shifting above 3800 helps because apparently it doesn’t keep the Injectors on for emissions. But. It’s hit and miss. Like gtidom said. It does depends on how long it’s been running. I am on stock clutch and I’m buying an upgraded one in a few weeks.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I hate the rev hangs, mine definitely got worse with mods but mine happens more when my car has been running for awhile. Like if I've been running errands where I have to keep starting and stopping the engine. Do you have a stock clutch? From what I hear a lighter flywheel pretty much eliminates rev hangs.

I experience the same...pretty much after a lot of stop and go traffic or many short trips around town. I'm DSG though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
With my strat tune, a smfw, and a fluidampr pulley I don't have any rev hang. I couldn't tell you which of the 3 eliminated it or if it's due to a combination of all 3 though. With the AC on the revs fall even faster.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
With my strat tune, a smfw, and a fluidampr pulley I don't have any rev hang. I couldn't tell you which of the 3 eliminated it or if it's due to a combination of all 3 though. With the AC on the revs fall even faster.

I have an rsr clutch that still uses the dual mass flywheel, the fluidampr helped reducethe rev hang a lot. It's still there but I wouldn't say it's bad.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Same 3 mods, different tune, plenty of rev hang still. I think its really just the shift point. Try shifting at or above 4k. Revs fall easy. If I shift at less than or 3k. I'm waiting a lot of times.
This is all once the car is warm of course. But waiting an extra second to shift in low rpm situations is not a big deal for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Same 3 mods, different tune, plenty of rev hang still. I think its really just the shift point. Try shifting at or above 4k. Revs fall easy. If I shift at less than or 3k. I'm waiting a lot of times.
This is all once the car is warm of course. But waiting an extra second to shift in low rpm situations is not a big deal for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I dunno then, I can't say I notice it. If I shift slowly my shifts are sloppy, but when I shift quickly I can shift much smoother, more like an automatic where it just happens instantly. I even feel like the rpms drop too quickly for me when the AC is on. Almost all of my shifting is done right at 3k too. It's been a while since I've actually looked at rpms when I shifted though, but it certainly doesn't feel like I have rev hang. I know when I was stock it was fairly noticeable.

Last edited: