GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Greta's Journal

xtremequicksand9

Ready to race!
So here it is. 2010 CW 2dr DSG. Xenon’s, Dynaudio, monster mats, sunroof, and nav. I am the 3rd owner. Bought it off a fellow forum member with 28 thousand miles on her. She's now at 36 thousand.

Went on the hunt for another GTI after my best friend totaled my brand, shiny, new, base 2012 DSG GTI within 2 months of me buying it. He managed to obliterate a parked mini van using my 3000 mile old car. (No one was badly injured. Just my best friend's pride.)

Bought her after only looking at a few pictures and sending back and forth like 3000 emails, well at least that's what it felt like, while I was stationed in Cuba. I never actually met the guy in person. We used a buddy of mine at the dealership to deal with all the paperwork and sign titles and what not. The seller was an outstanding guy who answered all of my questions in my emails and the 2 or 3 phone calls we had, took a bunch of pictures of receipts he had, even drove the car to dealership local to him that I trusted for a pre-purchase inspection, and was generally honest and up front about everything.

I did not lay eyes on her in the flesh until 4 months later on a bitterly cold (14 degrees) Friday night in Billerica, MA. On that fateful Friday night, my buddy and I opened up the storage unit that it had been kept in while I was overseas and it was a thing of pure beauty. I carefully opened up the driver's door as to not accidentally scratch the perfect paint. I gently sat down in the beautifully sculpted plaid cloth driver seat while bathed in the warm white glow from the LED overhead lights. I hit the button on my switch blade key fob, inserted the key into the ignition, expecting for my ears to be delighted by the low rumble the direct injected, turbocharged, 2 liter, 4 cylinder engine made when started. I turned the key once....twice...nothing. Only the muted “click, click, click” of an alternator trying to turn over. My thoughts automatically turned negative. HE WAS A LIAR! HE TRICKED ME! CAR WAS A LEMON! I was vivid. I started dialing the seller's number when...

….My buddy goes, “Wait, the lights work. The car has been sitting here for a couple of months...maybe the battery is almost dead? We should try jump starting it.”

OKAY. Fair enough. Maybe I over reacted just a little bit? Lets jump start it.

So we push the car out, hook my car up to my buddy's truck and attempt to jump start it. SUCCESS! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning who had just opened his presents and he got the toy he had been begging his parents for, for the last 6 months. Shortly there after, after making all my pre-flight adjustments, we were on our way back to my friend's house. I knew this car was different. I knew this car was special. I got a little inkling of just how special it was when I was pulling out of the storage place, barely touching the throttle, the traction control flared up like a herpes outbreak. Shortly we were on the highway and I was able to really find out just how special it was. I was cruising in the left hand lane at 70 mph while my buddy was in his truck in the lane next to me. I looked out and saw no read tail lights even remotely close to us. “This is it,” I thought to myself, “Let's see what you can really do sweetheart.” I pressed down hard on the throttle, and before I even realized what was happening, I was half a mile ahead of my friend and doing triple digits. In that moment, as dark shadows flashed by to my sides and red tail lights of the vehicles ahead of me fast approaching, I realized something. I. Love. This. Car.

If you've read this far, good on ya. The whole point of this is to keep track of the goings on with my car...the different modifications I will be making on it and the journey of myself and my car. Enjoy. Or not. Whatever man, its my car.

(Pictures will be up tomorrow. Along with a modification list of what is already on the car and future plans.)

Last edited:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Quick tip: Abandon the courier font and add some line breaks. Super hard to read.

How exactly did your buddy hit a parked minivan?

xtremequicksand9

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tip. Its a work in progress.

Honestly, I didn't ask for a lot of details. I knew the longer the story went the more angry I was going to become. I know it was late at night, 3 am, on the weekend, and that he "fell asleep at the wheel."

Nobody was in the van, my friend and his younger brother walked away with minor injuries, and its been almost a year now and nobody has tried to sue me.