GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone lemon lawed a GTI successfully?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Wifes '12 jetta never really had issues, the gti was about to be a lemon n her old 01 jetta was a lemon. Yeah i have a good memory :laugh:

This. The 12 Jetta was perfect mechanically. The others..... not so much.

Nitron

Ready to race!
I 'm curious about the percentage of failures overall. I'm 27k miles and on my original water pump with no leaks. I really like my MK6 and I want to hang on to it for awhile.

GTA5

Ready to race!
Curious about the percentage as well. But if you notice lately there has been an increased amount of people showing up with thread or issues with the pump.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I 'm curious about the percentage of failures overall. I'm 27k miles and on my original water pump with no leaks. I really like my MK6 and I want to hang on to it for awhile.

same here... im on the fourth water-pump too, but i love this car.

ill email them sooner or later.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Vw of America response to my FB message complaint about the water pump epidemic...

Hello, Eric. Thank you for reaching out to VW! VW regularly tracks trends with vehicle concerns and will issue campaigns (recalls)/ warranty extensions as necessary. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us here: http://www.vw.com/contact/.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I think jhnr was totally stock, makes a difference, yeah i know magnuson blah blah blah.

Also i don't know about all VW dealers, but my dealer warranties any and all parts installed by them for life, so lemon could still apply but no real worries if part fails.

GTA5

Ready to race!
I think jhnr was totally stock, makes a difference, yeah i know magnuson blah blah blah.

Also i don't know about all VW dealers, but my dealer warranties any and all parts installed by them for life, so lemon could still apply but no real worries if part fails.

Yeah def had stock TUNE. :thumbsup:

erikras

Ready to race!
I've been through the Lemon Law process with another manufacturer. Few pieces of advice if you're thinking about going that route:

- Log EVERYTHING! Keep detailed notes of the date, time, who you communicated with, and notes about the conversation if it was by phone or in person.

- Keep all your paperwork from the dealer in a folder.

- And for heaven's sake, keep the crap off Facebook or any other form of social media. Nobody will place nice if you make threats in public. The manufacturer has every right to refuse to communicate with you except through a lawyer if they feel you are threatening legal action. Play nice. Use proper grammar. Don't make threats.

When I had finally had enough of the dealer(s) and the manufacturer giving me run around, having a single folder of stuff and a Word document logging everything to send to my attorney made it a breeze. The manufacturer didn't have a leg to stand on. We settled on them replacing the entire assembly (not individual parts like that had been), not branding my vehicle a lemon, not terminating the remaining warranty, paying all my legal fees, and paying me a few grand for my inconveniences. Whole process took only about two weeks. While they didn't buy it back, I took the cash settlement and traded the car in on a new vehicle. I still came out far ahead. Possibly further ahead than if they bought it back.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Sucks to hear about all these water pump failures. I am at 75k miles and on the original pump still. No leaks.

There are tons of Water Pump threads. I'm not sure if anyone compared VINs to see if there is a pattern with build dates or anything. Sometimes these events are truely 'random' and are never figured out though.