GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kept the GTI and added another vehicle.

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
We have had our 2012 Autobahn since October 2011 and it has been such a blast to drive that we have been thinking about getting a new vehicle for some time now. We ( my wife and I) have looked at the Porsche Cayman S and the new Stingray Corvette but in the end we felt the best car was the new BMW M3. Our GTI has the stage 1 APR programming and I feel it was the best upgrade and it such a pleasure to drive. Anyone that does not drive a GTI in the price segment and even vehicles costing more is really missing out. We are keeping the GTI but the M3 is such a pleasure to drive. I just need to get past this 1,000 mile break in period.

Merkle

Banned
HOLY BALLS!

Beautiful machine you got there! Deets , MT or DCT, which package did you get?

Also, is than an Integra I see, early 90's-ish?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Wow, quite the upgrade! I'd love an M3, but unless my GTI suddenly appreciates 400%, I'll be staying in this price bracket :p

Enjoy that M3, must be an absolute blast :wub:

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
HOLY BALLS!

Beautiful machine you got there! Deets , MT or DCT, which package did you get?

Also, is than an Integra I see, early 90's-ish?

The M3 has: DCT, executive package, lighting package, adaptive M suspension, 19" wheels, harmon kardon, concierge services, and enhanced B/T and smartphone.

KO7

Ready to race!
My goodness did you recently get a significant job promotion? Apples and oranges right there.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well why not :laugh:

Merkle

Banned
The M3 has: DCT, executive package, lighting package, adaptive M suspension, 19" wheels, harmon kardon, concierge services, and enhanced B/T and smartphone.

Nice, almost every option selected then! Awesome car man, you'll love it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
MOTHER OF GOD.

:clap:

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
My goodness did you recently get a significant job promotion? Apples and oranges right there.

No promotion, they call me a DINK (Double Income No Kids) at work. I retired from the military 10 years and I am already getting a federal pension and I am working on a second career, so two incomes plus my wife works. My wife was driving a 2002 BMW 5 series that we bought new and when we looked at the 5 series in 2011 it had grown in size and did not have the same connection with the road like our E39 5 series. We always had the money to purchase another BMW but nothing really excited us to spend 60K plus on another BMW. I bought the GTI originally as a temporary vehicle while we searched for a vehicle that met our needs as far as comfort and sportiness that our BMW 5 series gave us. The GTI is really a great car to drive and have fun with, I know I sound like a broken record but I cannot emphasize that enough.

Congrats! Let me guess, your favorite color is white?

I was looking at a black M3 but my wife of 27 years reminded me how much up keep it took to keep our last black car shiny and swirl mark free. So white it is. I do have a silver tacoma

serge1

Ready to race!
Congrats! F80/82 is a beast! Unlike you, I recently sold my E92 M3 and got this :)

Attachments

• IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    487 KB · Views: 205