GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frustrated with my GTI

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
thats three of the same issue....lemon law that thing

Stinger

Ready to race!
If I had the number and severity of issues OP has had the car would be gone. I would trade it and get another one or bail on VW altogether if it makes you feel better. I couldn't tolerate not being able to trust my car.

Same here... WTF!?! I can't believe you didn't return that POS after the 2nd or 3rd problem!
I've had my share of problems as well since I got the car nearly 4 years, 45K miles ago (wp, radiator leak, radiator sensor, tranny leak (still working on that one)) although all were either under warranty or extended warranty so nothing too burdensome. I just don't think other cars are better, except perhaps Japanese but they have nothing I want.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Honestly dude, if I had that many problems with my GTI I would just get rid of it. That many problems should not be part of a normal VW ownership.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
That sucks man :( I have a '12 2dr 6MT, fully stock too. with 41k miles, only issue I've had was a timing belt issue covered under warranty.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
The grinding noise was fixed by spraying lithium grease on the CV boots. Surprisingly it's been an effective fix.

After the pressure plate failed and stranded me in the middle of nowhere, I tried getting VWoA to terminate my lease. However that would be the equivalent of a lemon law buyback. Since the same part hasn't failed four times or the car hasn't been inoperable for a total of 30 days, I'm not eligible. I feel totally screwed, but will try again.

Spraying lithium grease on the cvboot something we can do? Pics or DIY for this anywhere?

Tr.dub

Get your valves cleaned while getting waterpump replaced. Manifold has to come off. That's what I did hundred dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich337

Ready to race!
Completely understood. I have a fair number of issues that have surfaced in under 60K:

Failed window regulator, failed truck latch, rear wiper drip, three water pumps, one replaced radiator, one failed N80 valve, random occasional misfires they attribute to gas o_O, annoying intermittent radio buzz/ feedback (still yet to be resolved)...yeah while I love the car, no more veedubs for me at this point. Seriously.

I will keep this one for quite some time as it has been paid for from day one and money is really not an issue. I will move on to something else later down the line if I get too tired of it.

Misery loves company :) Yep, last VW for me also.

Honestly dude, if I had that many problems with my GTI I would just get rid of it. That many problems should not be part of a normal VW ownership.

thats three of the same issue....lemon law that thing

Same here... WTF!?! I can't believe you didn't return that POS after the 2nd or 3rd problem!
I've had my share of problems as well since I got the car nearly 4 years, 45K miles ago (wp, radiator leak, radiator sensor, tranny leak (still working on that one)) although all were either under warranty or extended warranty so nothing too burdensome. I just don't think other cars are better, except perhaps Japanese but they have nothing I want.

I'm stuck in a lease. Trying my best to turn it in early without penalties (10 months).

I wish it were that easy to lemon law it...I've had major issues, but not three of the same thing.

Spraying lithium grease on the cvboot something we can do? Pics or DIY for this anywhere?

I'm not sure, the dealer did it for me. Only took them two years to figure it out..

Get your valves cleaned while getting waterpump replaced. Manifold has to come off. That's what I did hundred dollars.

Unfortunately the assholes at the dealer put it back together, and THEN called me about the carbon buildup :mad0259:

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
I thought this is your 3rd water pump?

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Yup I'm it's my third, or 2nd replacement. In CA, I believe the same part needs to fail four times.

sucks to hear about your car. do you do a lot of city driving? surprised to hear about carbon build up affecting performance with your mileage. seems like your e92 m3 is way more reliable.

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Aaah, FL is 3

rich337

Ready to race!
sucks to hear about your car. do you do a lot of city driving? surprised to hear about carbon build up affecting performance with your mileage. seems like your e92 m3 is way more reliable.

Yep...I leased the GTI because the M3 gets 10-12mpg in the city. It's sad when your M3 is the reliable car :)

kitoyskie1285

Ready to race!
You must not have much of a daily drive to have only accumulated 22k miles. I suspect you would have had less problems with more regular driving, or maybe you just ended up with a bad one. My '13 has 40k miles on it and not a single problem... yet.

I agree with the notion of RUNNING away from a car with that many issues, regardless of who built it.

Do you have a dsg or manual trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich337

Ready to race!
Update:

Took my car in to another dealer, and they are cleaning the carbon buildup under warranty as a "good will" measure. They said it was "caked" and felt obligated to clean it. Haha.

At this point I just have to laugh at the whole ownership experience so far.