GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I think one childish move deserves another.

Find out which people in your neighborhood own Fords and carry out a tactical flaming-dog-poop-bag-on-the-front-porch strike with Navy Seal like precision so as to make it nearly impossible to identify who did it.

Please; did you read the letter? If he did that, every one of the Ford owners would have the same, immediate response...

"The Nazi Did It!"

:D:laugh:

Uberryan

Banned
Please; did you read the letter? If he did that, every one of the Ford owners would have the same, immediate response...

"The Nazi Did It!"

:D:laugh:

Actually, it would be a better idea to confront the person who did it face to face, perhaps with police in toe. Let him know his opinions aren't warranted or appreciated it. Let him see what he has to say then.

Seems like something a crazy mid-western house wife would do who has too much time on her hands, or a crazy old patriot stone-white beard type. Good ole' boys would likely spray paint your property with hate speech, and anyone else wouldn't give a shit.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
setup a camera pointed at your car so you can find out who it is and go pay them a visit.

this... and wash your car out in the open with some back up in the house. See who visits you and then call your boys out.

that's some straight up ignorant shite.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
I've driven cross country twice and was amazed at how few "foreign" cars there were between California and the north east. I love this country but "American" cars are made to fall apart just so some jackass has an excuse to buy a new one. He feels good about himself and the car companies make money, its win win. Tell that guy from the Ford plant he's wasted his life and body assembling pieces of shit.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
Get in a brand new, top of the line caddy or lincoln and grab the dash or door panels with both hands. You can easily bend and creak or break it it if you wanted. Get in the basic model jetta and those same panels won't budge. That's what converted me to VW about ten years ago. Before that I was a jackass and hated them.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
In response get an older mustang GT for a few days, slap a loud exhaust and wake up your neighbors in the morning and see what happens.

Midwest is one of the few areas that I actually seen 20 year old Pontiac's, Old Dodge's that I don't see on the roads here anymore. The support and republican game is strong there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
Get in a brand new, top of the line caddy or lincoln and grab the dash or door panels with both hands. You can easily bend and creak or break it it if you wanted. Get in the basic model jetta and those same panels won't budge. That's what converted me to VW about ten years ago. Before that I was a jackass and hated them.

Eh build quality on VWs has been at a moderate decline for years. Not sure they're as good of quality as a BMW, or Merc. That's for sure. Comparing german to german.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
Eh build quality on VWs has been at a moderate decline for years. Not sure they're as good of quality as a BMW, or Merc. That's for sure. Comparing german to german.

I agree, ever since their plan to become the largest manufacturer. However there should be no comparison between the cheapest German car and what is supposed to be the best the US has to offer, but there is. Cheap German build quality > Luxury American build quality.

OP's neighbor is just an asshole.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Spend every weekend slowly and lasciviously washing your VW(s) while wearing incredibly inappropriate denim short-shorts, a knotted button up shirt, weird pigtails and crazy ass makeup. Make sure the shirt has a Ford logo on the back. Take frequent long pauses to stare at the suspected neighbor's houses while yelling Heil Henry! That should get them to come out and fess up, one way or another.

Disclaimer: I grew up in Michigan, and I own both a VW and a Ford. And I do NOT wash my vehicles in the aforementioned fashion.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
In response get an older mustang GT for a few days, slap a loud exhaust and wake up your neighbors in the morning and see what happens.

EFF that... Do headers out the fenders instead. :laugh:

Granted, in 2011, when I purchased my 2012 WRX, I had some tool with his 2010 Camaro SS giving me ish about not buying MuriKKKan. I asked him to explain how his car, that happened to be assembled in Canada, was supporting America. He kept trying to argue that I was wrong, and his car was MuriKKKan. My retort was that his car was American in name only, assembled in Canada. Look in the corner, it says right here... I'm afraid I blew his fragile little ego.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
So is this going on Jalopnik or what?

I haven't contacted them yet. I'm waiting for the go-ahead from OP first, and even if I do reach out to them, there's no guarantee that they'll make a story out of it.

Sent from my iHipster

Philimon

Ready to race!
Probably kids trolling. What man would do this? Unless rednecks... And in that case you're effed.

Anyways, my bet is kids/teens who are the children or relatives of local ford employees. Why else would they care?

Tell your good neighbors about it. Maybe they know.