GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air filter, what am I looking at here?

Sleight

I bought this car used and want to clean or change out the air filter. What do I do? Take these out and clean? How?
Do I buy replacements?
What's the small guy? What size do I buy? What are these?

Gti 2.0 turbo 2010.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 298

Sleight

Third pic. Couldn't figure out how to upload all photos in one post

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 199

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, but smaller.
LOL

I agree. If not take some rough measurements of the air filter.

How wide the inlet is, How wide the overall filter is, and how long the filter is, how long the inlet is.

Then you could go on http://www.knfilters.com/universal/universal.htm
and find one closest to your measurements.

Thats what i did(Mine was a non cleanable filter from CTS so i had to buy a new one)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
also email nuespeed and ask if its cleanable or if you can purchase new filters.

Sleight

Stock exhaust. But, it was lowered - the wrong way, so I am going put stock Springs back in. I Need the proper mounting kit or hardware if you all could point me in the isn't place for that?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
how do you know it was lowed the wrong way?

Want to be a little more specific?

Sleight

Previous owner did new lowering springs only. They seem like good Springs, but didn't upgrade the shocks, but more importantly didn't use any new or proper mounting hardware. So it is very squeaky. But, now I have bad noise also coming from my steering column. Probably a manifest of the bad geometry from not doing the proper shocks and hardware with the springs.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Depending on what type of springs.. Driver Gear springs and a couple other use the stock shocks/struts.

However i agree that i too would change my shock and struts as well. It would probably be easier/cheaper to get coilovers and some heavy duty mounts. The mounts are what seems to cause the most noise.