GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
You race a lot of OC guys in your area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't ran with any VW guys in my specific area, since there aren't many, usually do a lot of runs with BMWs, G/Z cars, and V6 "muscle cars"/ecoboost.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Camera Car- MK6 R United Motorsport stage 2

Race #1- mk7 gti dsg GIAC stage 2 race file
Race #2 & 3- mk6 R APR stage 2 93 octane
Race #4, 5, & 6 mk7 GTI 6MT Eurodyne is38 and MK6 R. Mk7 spins badly
Race #7 MK7 GTI 6MT Eurodyne is38 (gave him the hit and didnt brake boost.)

Pretty awesome night to say the least

I was surprised at how well I stayed with the is38 mk7

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
At a light on Lemon Ave near Walnut/Rowland Heights and an E series Benz rolls up next to me at the first of three lights in succession. I'm having a conversation with my girl about dinner and where we wanna go - light hits green and this E series peels out next to me and goes hard to the next light, which is red. Whatever, light turns green and he does it again - up to the next light, which is red, so we stop. Light turns green and he guns it again - I ease into it and then go for it, pass him up pretty quick. Get to the next light and I see it's some young kid in a brand-new E series, doesn't even have the plates on it. If mommy and daddy were buying me a car, I'd pick something other than an E series lol

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
One of the new body styled Mustang took off on me from a dead stop but I caught up after slightly spinning and still managed to pass him up. He repeated this twice and both times I took him out. I didn't even pay attention to the mustang though, I'm not sure if it was a 6 cyl or 5.0

For sure it wasn't the Ecoboost because I didn't hear it spool(they're turbos are quite loud) and I believe I saw a badge on the side of fender as well. The guy just looked at me with his dropped jaw as I passed him up, saw him shake his head and make a hard left lol

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
Some idiot in a B6 S4 Audi thought his 4.2L Timing chain destroyer could play with the little IE Stage 2 GLI.... a little over half throttle in 4th gear on the highway... not even really trying, Left on his honk... Probably an instant 3-4 car lengths by the time I decided melting my stock 62k old clutch wasn't worth beating up on a slow slushbox Audi.

Made for an interesting drive home from work though. Poor guy thought I was just a regular jetta on some fancy vmr wheels lol

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Came across an FRS on the freeway that wanted to play. I only ever got one that was dumb enough to play before I went K04, now it seems like everyone and their mother wants a piece.

He had a big wing on the back, nice sounding exhaust (sounded like a Subie), wheels, tuning stickers from a local tuner all over the car. Looked and sounded great, I just felt bad because I knew if he wasn't running a turbo he wasn't going to fair well.
Got next to him, he dropped it a gear and took off...I watched for a second to make sure he was actually taking off (he was) and then immediately felt bad as soon as I hit it :(
He was nice, waved back after I gave him a peace sign, car looked and sounded good too, he just didn't know what he was getting into.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Came across an FRS on the freeway that wanted to play. I only ever got one that was dumb enough to play before I went K04, now it seems like everyone and their mother wants a piece.

He had a big wing on the back, nice sounding exhaust (sounded like a Subie), wheels, tuning stickers from a local tuner all over the car. Looked and sounded great, I just felt bad because I knew if he wasn't running a turbo he wasn't going to fair well.
Got next to him, he dropped it a gear and took off...I watched for a second to make sure he was actually taking off (he was) and then immediately felt bad as soon as I hit it :(
He was nice, waved back after I gave him a peace sign, car looked and sounded good too, he just didn't know what he was getting into.

Lol guys and their FRS'
They just don't know. I had a buddy that I would race all the time for fun in his and he would always give me props on how fast the little VW was.
"I can't believe you leave me so far behind with all 5doors and all" :D

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Lol guys and their FRS'
They just don't know. I had a buddy that I would race all the time for fun in his and he would always give me props on how fast the little VW was.
"I can't believe you leave me so far behind with all 5doors and all" :D

At least your buddy sounds like he has a somewhat realistic view of his car :lol:
A guy buddy of mine has a BRZ and he was adament that his stock BRZ was going to roll my stage 1 GTI...Even once I went Stage 2 he tried to argue that he'd win until I finally showed him a blow by blow of the numbers and how far off he was in the HP game and he finally said "Oh, I guess that is a bit higher than me"...:clap:

My other friend has a BRZ and she is in a local BRZ/FRS group and was able to help me track down the guy with the FRS though, so I was able to talk to him about what all he had done. He was really cool, he was like "damn you're that VW that kicked my ass!" :eek:
He said he has headers, intake, exhaust, and a tune, and dyno'd at 196whp. I let him know he shouldn't feel bad about that race in any way based on what I had done and I think he agreed lol.
He used to have a MKIV VR6 with cams/intake/tune/etc. that put down 220awhp before his FRS, which is pretty sweet :thumbup:

Anyways, long ramble over.

Anunezmk6

Ive ran a few G37's, Stock Evo 10's, 350Z's, Focus ST, Mazda Speeds, 4.6L Mustangs, Si's, WRX's, 3.6 and 2.0 Genisis none of them come that close 2+ car lengths each. I got pulled on by a K04 GTI and an S6 (obviously). There's something to love about beating a v8 in a golf.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Had a 428i roll up on me at about 60 on the highway. He got next to me and hammered on it and pulled away and then slowed back down next to me and put his hand out the window and waved at me and honked. He gunned it and I gunned it and I pulled on him pretty hard and had a few car lengths on him very quickly - quite unexpected. I was curious and looked up the specs on the 428i and surprisingly it only has a turbo 4 cylinder at 240 hp stock - and the car is probably much heavier than the GTI. Not surprised by the outcome anymore.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I ran into my first oddity a few mornings ago.... A Mazdaspeed3 that didn't want to play. Granted, this one looked WAY nicer than most. In other words, it wasn't heavily modded with chewed up bumpers and missing side skirts like the ones that want to play look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Had a 428i roll up on me at about 60 on the highway. He got next to me and hammered on it and pulled away and then slowed back down next to me and put his hand out the window and waved at me and honked. He gunned it and I gunned it and I pulled on him pretty hard and had a few car lengths on him very quickly - quite unexpected. I was curious and looked up the specs on the 428i and surprisingly it only has a turbo 4 cylinder at 240 hp stock - and the car is probably much heavier than the GTI. Not surprised by the outcome anymore.

Any BMW with a 28i badge is slowwww

qberry33

heres a list of the ones i can remember, and almost all of them have been from a roll:
almost every generation wrx
a few sti's very close though
a few mazdaspeed's
a very loud z28 ss
stock 2016 5.0 mustang from 20, 40, and 60 mph. he beat me once but was baffled and asked what I had done
a few newer and older civic si's but most won't even try because they know better.
a very modded s2000 that I put 2 and half cars on from 40 mph. got a thumbs up from him after 2 attempts
an e90 335i from a dig.....must have been a shitty driver
a beautiful supra, it was modded but not sure what exactly . awesome car though.
a few brz's and frs's.....easy kills
barely beat a modded 96 impala SS, did not expect him to be that fast.
every focus ST that's tried lol
an srt4
cobalt SS
a few early 2000"s mustangs
multuple integras
and one suprising fast RSX type r or type s? can't remember but I barely beat it.

now, I drive highway everyday and encounter alot of cars that want to have some fun so almost all of these have been from a roll. a few from a dig but not many. I've also been walked by some crazy fast cars but this is a kill story thread not a i got my ass whooped thread right? ��