GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grace - A Modest Build

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Whats up y'all! Thought I'd make a thread about my car as I begin to start modifying it! First some background on Grace!

Here she is:
IMG_0938.JPG
(with winter wheels on)

I bought my 2011 Gti back in October 2014. I got the car from my cousin with only 38k miles and with a DSG transmission. The car was stock except for 30% tint all around, an auto starter, and clear bumper bra. It also came with a set of 16" wheels wrapped in winter tires as a backup for the stock Detroits.

I never knew much about cars but they've always interested me. My cousin drove a Stage 2 Mk5 Gti and thats what got me into VWs. I knew I wanted to modify it like his, but my parents stood in the way. For a while they said that I didn't need to touch my car because its perfectly fine the way it is. So I spent the next year learning, reading this forum, watching tons of videos, and constantly pestering them to let me. Finally, late last year I went to my first car meet and when I came back I talked my mom's ear off about it and she finally said, "It's normal for boys to want to do stuff to their cars", so thats when it begun. The deal was that I couldn't touch my savings and have to save up for parts on the side, which is tough being a college student, so I won't be able to splurge all the time on parts.

Back in February I finally purchased my first "mod". I got a BSH Race Intake and with the help of my cousin we installed it.
IMG_1110-2.JPG
IMG_1113-2.JPG

Right now I'm saving for my next purchase and deciding what to do next. I hope y'all enjoy this thread and enjoy the progress as much as I do.

baniels

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your head is on straight. Enjoy your car and get stage 1 already. No better place to spend your savings next.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
A little rice but eh I like the look of black wheels. Don't know if they're gonna stay on for long but it was something to do on a boring day:laugh:
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Raceland Ultimos ordered:thumbsup:

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
After almost two months my cousin and I finally had a time to put on the coilovers. Took us a while, but we were also messing around as we worked. Overall they're a good budget coilover, as a broke college student that helps, and it helped transform the overall look of the car. The height I am sitting at is about 24" fender to ground, but I measured that in my driveway I am going to remeasure just to make sure I have the correct measurements. It looks so much better now and am happy with the finished product.
Gti.jpg

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
College has been def taking a toll on the parts fund, but finally saved up enough! COBB Acessport ordered!

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
IMG_5643.JPG
Received my COBB Accessport and flashed to Stage 1 High Boost with 93 Octane. Took about 15 minutes to install and flash the map on, then I was ready to drive. It is night and day and excited that I am finally tuned!

Last edited:

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Downloaded Stage 1+ stock MAF from the COBB website and made the switch from Stage 1 High Boost

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
About a week ago I received my seat handle inserts. Got them for $10.99 off of amazon and they are so worth it. Sturdy material and with a strong adhesive they fit right into the empty space. They are simple, but add a good flare to the car. Worth it!
IMG_5802.JPG
Also it has been warmer so I turned on my AC and got this moldy cheese/sweaty feet smell and after looking into it seems to be my cabin air filter, so I ordered one today. Hopefully that'll fix it and I don't need to do anything else. Also decided to pull the trigger on R8 coils to replace the stock ones. I've heard they tend to bust after getting tuned so thought it'd be a good idea

Last edited:

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
nice ride fellow PA resident ! lol

I'm having my buddy mail me a tune in a couple weeks. i can't wait

car looks good

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man like your car as well! Wanna get a few more things done before I get a flash tune!

thanks. i gotta take care of routine stuff first. aka alignment, oil change, and have my mechanic do a once around the car. always happy to see fellow pa residents. are you on the pitt or philly side ?

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
thanks. i gotta take care of routine stuff first. aka alignment, oil change, and have my mechanic do a once around the car. always happy to see fellow pa residents. are you on the pitt or philly side ?

Philly side about an hour out from the city

Wessley

Passed Driver's Ed
About a week ago I received my seat handle inserts. Got them for $10.99 off of amazon and they are so worth it. Sturdy material and with a strong adhesive they fit right into the empty space. They are simple, but add a good flare to the car. Worth it!
View attachment 55603

I honestly love the little inserts. I have the same ones. I don't understand why it would be left unfilled from the factory. The little things?.