GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frustrating DEPO LED Tail Issue

Cazzie902

So I'm loving my life! (2012 GTI) Driving my baby 'Redrum' when I am in a parking lot and a get a bulb error on my cluster. Odd! So I get out and check whats up. My inner right tail light is totally out. All lights. Not just one. Plan to check in the morning. The Next day I look, remove panel and check the plug's connection. Seemed snug. Restart the car, thhe Light is fine. Tonight I'm on the highway and boom. Same light issue. It seems to only occur during night driving. Any Ideas? :mad0259:
Heres is a look.

Any help is greatly appreciated. They're a year and half old and I've loved them everyday.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Resistor pack maybe needs replaced?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Or if you know someone around you with vagcom, Just remove the resistors and code for LED lights? you might need to get new adapters.

Cazzie902

okay thank you gentlemen i unplugged and switched a couple plugs and it worked for a day or two but now nothing. Very Frustrating.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
That sucks did you try contacting where ever you got em from

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Cazzie902

I just removed the lights and switched them to see if it was wiring or a resistor like suggested. It seems to be the 1 particular unit itself. So I tried opening the housing to see a bad saucer etc etc. I'm surely no pro at any of this but it seems the housing was glued/sealed so I stopped. I ended up buying the lights from a pal who sold his Golf. $200. Ended up only lasting me 8 months. Bummed.

I have my eyes on a set of BLACK Depo tails but the only have FOG light versions. My car is Vag Com coded for NO FOG. Will this be an issue? And can I have the issue repaired with another Vag Com session?

Thanks again for the interest/responses. Good folks on here!

Last edited:

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
I just removed the lights and switched them to see if it was wiring or a resistor like suggested. It seems to be the 1 particular unit itself. So I tried opening the housing to see a bad saucer etc etc. I'm surely no pro at any of this but it seems the housing was glued/sealed so I stopped. I ended up buying the lights from a pal who sold his Golf. $200. Ended up only lasting me 8 months. Bummed.

I have my eyes on a set of BLACK Depo tails but the only have FOG light versions. My car is Vag Com coded for NO FOG. Will this be an issue? And can I have the issue repaired with another Vag Com session?

Thanks again for the interest/responses. Good folks on here!

Ill buy them off you. Why not just buy a aftermarket inner light. Just get them reprogrammed if needed

Last edited:

Cazzie902

I'm not so handy with regards to lights or car related activities. I've since ordered some black depo's. But once I switch mine I'll clean up the lights and send you some pix and if you're still interested I'll sell them to you

Here is a look at the tail currently. I applied Lamin-X but easily removed.

Last edited:

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
OnePerfectDose is able to sell you the individual light you need to replace also.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you need one of the resistors, PM me.

Rolling __GTI....you have 140k miles on yours? I just hit 95k on mine.

Cazzie902

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I've since ordered some BLACK tails from One Perfect Dose. Always wanted the black. This light failure was an excuse to buy some