GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trading in my 2013 GTI for a 2016

cranker1987

Ready to race!
Well folks, I made the leap Monday. A VW dealer had a good price on a blue 2016 GTI Autobahn w/pp & LP ($31K) and they offered a good price on my 2013 GTI w/customer loyalty bonus ($14.5 with 87K miles on it). I pick it up Thursday. I had to have one brought in because they didn't have a blue one on the lot and the next closest dealer is 2+ hours away in another state. They didn't have a blue one, either. I really wanted an SE w/pp, but couldn't find one close enough in blue. I test drove a 2016 twice, so I knew what options I wanted and which ones I could live without. I thought I wanted DCC, but it didn't seem that noticeable to me test driving around for about 10 miles.

I feel like my only issues with the 2013 were pretty minor (2 manifolds) and all were covered under warranty, so it has been a great car for me. I was going to jump into a 2016 just before I hit 100K, but the year-end sale and trade in value with bonus were too good to pass up.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Congrats on the new car

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Congrats. I would have made the same choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Ditto.

cranker1987

Ready to race!

I swapped the wheels.

It is cool.

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Congratulations, you'll love the MK7 even more!

See you on the MK7 boards.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Thanks all. It has been fun and informative. I'll see you on the Mk7, or Mk8 boards. Stay safe.
Congratulations exactly what I will do when I trade in for a mk8 swap my Laguna's lol I like it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk