GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com city lights help!!!

Lokiii

Passed Driver's Ed
I wanted to have my city lights as DRLS. I dont have a euro switch but was told it still can be done without a euro switch. So i found i guy that could do vag-com tweaks for my for free!!! So he did the coding but the city lights wouldn't come on but would sort of dimly flash when i turn the car on with the switch in "0" position and just stay off. We couldn't figure out the problem. I think it could be the fact that i have autozone leds in there and i get the "check front light" error code on my Mfd..there 194s and work fine under normal condition but get the error code btw... i was also told i could but any leds that fit in there and just get rid of the error code
I also have 2 rear parking lights out on purpose and AFS error message if that has anything to do with it

Any suggestions

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Those LEDs have no resistor and will throw an error. The flashing you're seeing is the standard check pulse that is sent to check if the bulb is out. It is visible for LEDs because their response time is much faster than halogens and incandescents. I assume you have the halogens housings. For those, there haven't been much luck using LEDs as city lights without errors. I'm not sure of a way to use the city lights as DRLs either. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lokiii

Passed Driver's Ed
Those LEDs have no resistor and will throw an error. The flashing you're seeing is the standard check pulse that is sent to check if the bulb is out. It is visible for LEDs because their response time is much faster than halogens and incandescents. I assume you have the halogens housings. For those, there haven't been much luck using LEDs as city lights without errors. I'm not sure of a way to use the city lights as DRLs either. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hm thanks dude.... when i switch out the led for standard stock bulb they still didnt work