GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My New GTI

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Ok well actually that doesn't sound bad at all. If that is the case, I would probably take care of the intake first, then ECU then exhaust and so on. Now, do they typically run the K04 with an ecu upgrade as well?

yup, the ecu needs to be tuned for k04 as well.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man but i have to ask, what the hell is a Soundaktor?

Everything you need to know is in this long thread. http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33595
The excellent video by Modshack is on page 20, I believe. But note that you don't actually have to remove the rain tray under the hood by the firewall. Just remove the rubber weatherstripping and you can slide your LEFT hand in and unplug the damned thing by sliding the tab to the right with your thumb. Watch the video. It'll all make sense. After I unplugged mine I wrapped everything in electrical tape to keep any potential water out and then just zip-tied the plug on top of the unit. Some people also zip tie a plastic baggie over everything for weatherproofing as well. The major benefits are eliminating a stupid, FAKE sound effect so you can hear your real engine and exhaust sounds and there's lots of anecdotal evidence that it eliminates a lot of internal rattles and vibrations in the cabin, since this thing is actally designed to vibrate your windshield and A pillars. I can tell you for sure my cabin was much quieter and less buzzier afterward. Good luck.:thumbsup: