GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soon to be a MKVI owner

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I just have a few questions about it

I'm currently overseas in Italy with the US Air Force and at the VW military sales they have a 2-Door 2012 MKVI GTI Autobahn DSG United Gray and I just fell in love with it :w00t: I reserved it, got approval from my bank, and all I need to do is sign and it's mine the price is 31k and I'm thinking about adding a military only warranty for 6 years world wide but I'm sure I'll lose it within 3 (planing on going APR Stage 2 as soon as I move back to the states in 2014) I'm just wondering if it's worth it and how reliable are they with mods on.

Also is it really worth the extra 2k? I love the leather seats and the keyless entry and go but everything else seems the same... :p that and I'd have to wait a month to get the regular GTI

I'm new to the VW world been a Nissan guy my entire life and thought I'd give it a try :) Sorry for the long boring read haha :thumbup:

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339935032.543407.jpg
That's the one :)

nice. A Decent price for DSG as well. How does tax work in military sales???

Yes, buy the Autobahn. The leather is good and supportive, and comes with the coolest headrests of any car below $40k. Smell is nice too!

The kessy is cool and worth it cos it works on the trunk hatch as well.
The DYNAUDIO is simply the clearest sounding stereo for a car below $40k as well.

The wheels are lighter than detroits and look unique. The ed 35 wheels are too common.

The nav is quick and eveything works in haste and is super easy.

I'd rather you buy black... hahaha!

Buy it, an thx for flying!

Last edited:

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome thanks for the info! I fell in love with the car the first second I saw it. Hopefully it'll be in my garage this week!

and it's awesome because we don't pay tax overseas :w00t:

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I already got a few plans in mind for it

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Hey buddy, just an insight since u r in Europe. The 2013 Golf is expected by fall this year, yes the mark VII in Europe. Why don't u wait a bit to see if u like that. Plus if u really wanna go for this GTI which is still worth it IMHO then try to haggle some more ;) Just a heads up!

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
I know bro I was looking into it but since this is military sales we get the US Spec version and won't have the VII till next year :(

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340028055.376624.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340028068.587506.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340028096.311506.jpg

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow!

Efren90

Passed Driver's Ed
By the way that's my skyline in the background lol