GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What kind of deals is everyone getting?

krische

vdubber in training
Just curious what kind of deals everyone is getting for purchasing the 2010 GTI in the US. Are dealers willing to negotiate much?

Alex.

Ready to race!
I got $1500 off of MSRP. I was not expecting much of a discount, considering that I called in every weekend asking about when my car would arrive.

krische

vdubber in training
^ I think there was another thread rumoring that the sign-THEN-drive event will be in November. I will be financing instead of leasing though. 36,000 miles in 3 years is too limiting for me.

krische

vdubber in training
you have to negotiate them down to invoice. :rolleyes:

Oh I know that. I meant like do you know what the actual invoice prices are or do just negotiate saying you want to pay invoice without knowing the actual numbers? I've only seen the retail prices posted here.

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
Oh I know that. I meant like do you know what the actual invoice prices are or do just negotiate saying you want to pay invoice without knowing the actual numbers? I've only seen the retail prices posted here.

Edmunds.com and Kbb.com have invoice pricing, I used that...the numbers are slightly different from the actual invoice that the dealer has.

Oh and remember invoice does not include Tax.

Alex.

Ready to race!
When I bought my car, I was shown the Invoice Price and the MSRP. Invoice was about 29,000 and MSRP was about 32,000. Of course, they expect you to pay MSRP, but I payed 30,500. I did not get a great deal, but there was no pretending that I did not want that car, and that dealership sells so many GTIs that if I did not want it in the next few days, it would be gone. Two other '10 GTIs were sold as I was buying mine.

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
Though my car hasn't arrived yet, I negotiated everything ahead of time. I got $500 over invoice, which sounded good at the time, but I've read some people have gotten invoice or lower. I had 3+ dealerships I was talking to, but $500 over invoice was the lowest anyone would go at the time (Aug). To be honest, the dealership I went with in the end has been pretty quick to respond to any questions, so I don't mind paying a little extra.

I suggest doing what I did and just be aggressive - start talking with 3 or more dealerships via email (don't waste your time driving anywhere), and just have them keep bidding lower and lower. Also, have them put it in writing that they show you the official invoice at time of purchase.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Though my car hasn't arrived yet, I negotiated everything ahead of time. I got $500 over invoice, which sounded good at the time, but I've read some people have gotten invoice or lower. I had 3+ dealerships I was talking to, but $500 over invoice was the lowest anyone would go at the time (Aug). To be honest, the dealership I went with in the end has been pretty quick to respond to any questions, so I don't mind paying a little extra.

I suggest doing what I did and just be aggressive - start talking with 3 or more dealerships via email (don't waste your time driving anywhere), and just have them keep bidding lower and lower. Also, have them put it in writing that they show you the official invoice at time of purchase.

I'm from NJ too and been shopping around for a GTI for January delivery. Couple of dealerships gave me the usual runaround "oh, we can't discount them since they are hot...etc..etc". Anyway did some research in Vortex and actually went to a dealership close my house and negotiated a deal $400 over invoice. The saleman show the invoice and said just pay $400 on top. The cool thing is he went VWoA online after the paperwork and together we ordered the car right there with him. I understand everyone needs to make a profit but if you show me the details and I'm comfortable with it, I have no problem making the deal. Hard to find dealership willing to do that here in NJ:mad0259:

flokwon

Just got mine on Monday, I bought it with invoice 24,693.
Candy White
6 Speed Manual
xenon headlamps, sunroof, blue tooth

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
so i'm starting this process and not getting too far so far; on dealer is claiming they gave me $400 over invoice when it's more like $1100 plus holdback for something on the lot; another is stating they'll order me a car but charge me MSRP... ugh.

my research states that the dealer holdback on the GTI is between $466 and $500 depending on the model ($500 on the 4-door DSG that i'm shopping for), so if they sell it at invoice they're making almost $500... so there's just over $2000 between MSRP and invoice minus holdback to play with. anyone seen what the local advertising fees are like?