GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Starts

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
For the pass 2 weeks, My exhaust has not been screaming during cold starts, but my rpm meter is above 1k but quickly goes down. Im a little concerned. Anybody else having this problem?

Gray6

Ready to race!
For me, when it's really cold the air pump (which causes the intake & exhaust to be loud at start up) doesn't turn on for some reason. Unsure of the reason...

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I leave for work at 6 am and when it's -30 C outside it does this, it's completely normal. It goes to around 1200 RPM and then back down to around 800 once the car is warm. You have nothing to worry about guys.

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
just leave the car until it drops down to its 800rpm and your good to go, its just a warm up procedure to circulate oil around the engine and get everything lubricated as it should be ready for driving.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah the cold starts do suck with an exhaust on this car (i.e. loud)

My new setup does sound waaay better than the stock cat-back did though (sounded bad/annoying with the downpipe + stock cat-back). You could hear the exhaust trying to rush out of the tiny system and producing a bad tone

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I started my car up for the first time since it got really cold, it definitely sounds a little different but once warmed up, goes back to normal. I must admit, I do miss driving this car a ton.. might need some more winter joyrides!