GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 GTI DE DSG vs. '15 WRX 6MT

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I will say that it's fast, and also that it is faster than my stock GTI. Although it isn't fast enough to sacrifice the awesome interior and driver friendly features in the GTI. Plus the thought of having a manual or a CVT makes me shudder...too much Orange County traffic and I am head over heels in love with my perfectly imperfect DSG. So yes, straight line race from a dig, the WRX would win with a HARD launch. In the 2-6 year ownership period though, the race is less of a sprint and more of a journey. I don't wanna get there in a rattling plastic box, not even for 60hp and 70ft-lb.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think flatrimmedbrodawg got his ass handed to him by another flatrimhattedbrodawg in a WRX in a 0FG street race for street cred.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
I think flatrimmedbrodawg got his ass handed to him by another flatrimhattedbrodawg in a WRX in a 0FG street race for street cred.

I can't wear flat trimmed hats. My doctor recommended I try to look less like an asshole...not sure if it's working.

Also, street cred really adds up fast. I used mine to fly to Hawaii last year.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I can't wear flat trimmed hats. My doctor recommended I try to look less like an asshole...not sure if it's working.

^ :clap:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

Mogambo

Ready to race!
He on a journey, doh.

Not enough hallucinogens, my friend.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

:clap::clap::clap:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
It CAN be done though, you just have to try a little harder next time.
Proof:

Uberryan

Banned
Well I will say that it's fast, and also that it is faster than my stock GTI. Although it isn't fast enough to sacrifice the awesome interior and driver friendly features in the GTI. Plus the thought of having a manual or a CVT makes me shudder...too much Orange County traffic and I am head over heels in love with my perfectly imperfect DSG. So yes, straight line race from a dig, the WRX would win with a HARD launch. In the 2-6 year ownership period though, the race is less of a sprint and more of a journey. I don't wanna get there in a rattling plastic box, not even for 60hp and 70ft-lb.

Which would be what exactly? The fact that you cannot defeat the stability control fully on pre-2012 models, or the fact that we don't get headlight washers with our HID equipped cars, or auto-headlights... or folding down mirrors, reverse cams, puddle lights... etc. Most of those are standard on the new WRX/STis

And the interior argument?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2015/r-z-0-9/2015-Subaru-WRX-Interior-1-2560x1600.jpg

dead horse.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
I pulled on a '15 WRX a little while back. I could hear him trying to lol. I've only got some bolt ones right now.

Bighead1

Ready to race!
Which would be what exactly? The fact that you cannot defeat the stability control fully on pre-2012 models, or the fact that we don't get headlight washers with our HID equipped cars, or auto-headlights... or folding down mirrors, reverse cams, puddle lights... etc. Most of those are standard on the new WRX/STis

And the interior argument?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2015/r-z-0-9/2015-Subaru-WRX-Interior-1-2560x1600.jpg

dead horse.

Yup, new Gen Wrx is a monster. Interior is also top notch. Now if they can up the fuel mileage a bit more, it'd be perfect...