GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Level 8 Wheels

Cocoman

Hey guys, I joined the forum pretty recently. Picked up my mk6 about a year ago, and have slowly started modifying it. Invidia catback, looking into godspeed downpipe and stage 2, clutch etc. Any advice helps of course.

Anyways, these Copper Level 8 wheels caught my eye, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or reviews. I couldn't find any. Thanks! :)

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/rocketrossuk/6817079960_ce443f698f_b_zps25ea6321.jpg

-Dermopterus

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Rota grids. Plenty of older vw/audis run em and every other wrx on the road too. Look around on subie forums for reviews, there's good ones, bad ones and everything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Hey man I've been looking into exhausts recently and I'm looking into the invida as a possible option. I've heard it on a brz before and it sounded nice. I'm looking for something pretty loud actually, just wondering how you like it.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Hey man I've been looking into exhausts recently and I'm looking into the invida as a possible option. I've heard it on a brz before and it sounded nice. I'm looking for something pretty loud actually, just wondering how you like it.

If you want loud and nice get the borla catback. Im running it with a catless DP and there isn't really any drone persay you know its there when your cruising at higher speeds but its not bad at all just a little music and it goes away. Its pretty loud at WoT and if you have a DSG the farts are amazing. Another thing theses cars don't get loud at all untill you do a downpipe of sorts.

pdan

Ready to race!
If you want loud and nice get the borla catback. Im running it with a catless DP and there isn't really any drone persay you know its there when your cruising at higher speeds but its not bad at all just a little music and it goes away. Its pretty loud at WoT and if you have a DSG the farts are amazing. Another thing theses cars don't get loud at all untill you do a downpipe of sorts.

Thanks, yeah I'm not terribly worried about drone my music is usually loud enough to drown most stuff out haha. And yeah I know that the downpipe is where the sound and performance actually start to come in. I'm manual as well.

I wasn't sure how loud the 2.5 would be, I was initially looking at 3 in non resonated. And I'm still doing tons of reading and research everyday on numerous threads. Sorry to threadjack haha

Roctre

Ready to race!
Thanks, yeah I'm not terribly worried about drone my music is usually loud enough to drown most stuff out haha. And yeah I know that the downpipe is where the sound and performance actually start to come in. I'm manual as well.

I wasn't sure how loud the 2.5 would be, I was initially looking at 3 in non resonated. And I'm still doing tons of reading and research everyday on numerous threads. Sorry to threadjack haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuk8OzstGVU
That does a good job of showing the exhaust sound its a little deeper and crisper in person.

pdan

Ready to race!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuk8OzstGVU

That does a good job of showing the exhaust sound its a little deeper and crisper in person.

Thanks for the video, it does sound pretty good. I know the best way is just to find some people with exhausts and actually listen to them in person. Finding it slightly difficult in the middle of Alabama so far though.

Cocoman

Thanks for the replies guys. I looked forever to find what they were, I guess the level 8's are knock offs.

As for the invidia catback, I love it. Gives a great VW sound with next to no drone, and under 2000 it is quiet for normal driving. Getting a godspeed downpipe to go with it, and I'm hoping for the best! The invidia was $50 cheaper than the others, so I tried it. There is a little INVIDIA logo on the rear near the tips
, so if you don't like that, it's not for you.

Cocoman

So the closest bolt pattern I see is 5X114. How would I go about working with those? Converters or new hubs?

Roctre

Ready to race!
So the closest bolt pattern I see is 5X114. How would I go about working with those? Converters or new hubs?

You can use wobble bolts for the easy way and they are safe enough for track use. You could also get them redrilled for 5x114 since its super close to 5x112 and still be safe.

Cocoman

Thanks for the info @Roctre. I wasn't even familiar with wobble bolts as this is my first Euro car. It is shocking that they are actually spoken about pretty highly and even TUV approved. Does anyone have any feedback on these, because they seem great but I can't imagine they don't affect hub longevity?