GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's my 2010 worth?

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I'm considering selling the GTI private party.

2010 Candy White GTI 6speed, 2 door, w/ 37,000 miles
Autobahn package (leather, sunroof
Dynaudio
APR Stage I
S3 Intercooler
Hotchkis FSB/RSB

I have the original Detroits with good tires and also a set of 17" Goals with Star Specs on them.

What do you think this could go for in the Boston area private party?

Thanks!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Edmunds.com.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
The extra set of wheels will offer little to no value to the buyer. You are better off selling them separately to make some money back. Same with the sway bars if you're able to remove them easily.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
20k seems like a good price. Try carmax also.

Selling the mods separately will bring in more money.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Stock car will bring more money.

cacophony555

Ready to race!
only on trade.

If the buyer has the exact same mods in mind then I can see it... but mods are such a personal thing. To many buyers, mods mean the prior owner drove the car hard, and most people are hoping to buy their car from somebody who babied it. So in general I would expect mods to lower the value, even for a private party sale.

allset

Go Kart Champion
it depends on the buyer. Some ppl avoided modded cars like they plauge b/c of the stereotype that any car with mods must have been beat on and/or tracked. Which as we know is the opposite. Most ppl in here keep there cars in top notch condition and do not abuse them. I keep every scrap of paper and receipts from maintenance, oil changes( vw included and done myself), mods, etc, in a binder so when the day comes i have proof that it was maintained and how much $ was put into it.

Gotta find someone who wants the prize without the work.