GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bentley service manuals...

jcarson112

Ready to race!
As I am not the most mechanically inclined, I tend to not feel comfortable doing anything but the most basic things (changing oil, tires, etc) without a detailed step by step from respectable manuals. Was wondering if anyone knew when the mkvi service manual could be released?

I know its a long shot to ask around here, but hey, ya never know till ya ask right?

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Well this threads title is Bentley service manuals...

Ross-Tech do Bentley manuals.

Bentley Publisher's Repair Manuals

But your asking about Mk6 manuals. No they don't make one, I asked about this when I bought mine. In the UK we have Haynes manuals that are very good but the last Golf they do is 2005. The next best thing is ElsaWin 3.6 which you can get of eBay. But ElsaWin isn't easy to use as its mainly devised for dealers. You don't select Golf GTi 2010 and click on engine.

As you win see on that Ross-Tech page erWin do manuals but you can't download anything unless you register with them.

There is also ETKA but this is only a part manual for Audi, Seat, Skoda and VW. All of these apps you can download but we can't talk about that on here. ;)

jcarson112

Ready to race!
Yeah I guess I meant the bentley publishing co for the mk6 service manual.

Sadness... I want to get my hands dirty, but I'm mildly afraid of f'n something up.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Yes I thought there was a bit of confusion over Bentley. As I said Haynes do Golf manuals but the last date I've seen 6 months ago was the blue one X-53 2004. The site now says 2007 so they are catching up slowly, maybe next year we will will have the 2009 updates.

Volkswagen - VW Golf, Bora & Jetta

I think I may get a 2007 one at least I will have a start off. ;)

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
I checked online and it said my local Halfords had a VW Golf & Jetta Petrol & Diesel (04 - 07) 53 to 07 manual is stock. I went down there and searched the manuals but it wasn't there. I asked the checkout girl if she had sold one today, no. Do you have one in stock? No. But the web site says you have one and you are the only Halfords in the area that does. Well I don't know why it says that when we don't. Are you having any more in stock? I don't know give us a ring on Wednesday when the new stock comes in. :laugh:

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Ok I've decided to get a VW Golf & Jetta Petrol & Diesel (04 - 07) 53 to 07 manual from another Halfords store. As it says it covers the Mk5 so it should cover parts for the Mk6. I asked them how come they don't make newer/current manuals they said its because its covered under VW for 3 years so people don't want a manual they just take it back to the dealer.

As least I've got something to digest. ;)