MK6RR

Ready to race!
hey everyone

Required tools:

$4 bottle of Goo-Gone
some paper or MF towels
your hands

Procedure:

soak a paper or MF towel in goo-gone, and apply to the plasti dip. let it sit for 5-10 mins. re-apply as necessary and keep it wet.
be very careful not to get it on other plasti-dip items you do not want to remove, as if you accidentally touch it, it may peel (found this out the hard way)
start at a corner and begin peeling. it should come off much easier than before.
wash off the excess goo-gone and your done

btw if you do have some overspray on your car, googone will get rid of it in 2 seconds

The Story:

i know plastidip isnt all too hard to remove by itself, but sometimes there are tricky spots. this will make your life 1000x easier all around
well i found this out the hard way by mistake, but it will be very helpful in the future when i have to re-do my wheels.
i have plastidipped my grill, wheels, rear emblems, and rear deck spoiler. i wanted to de-badge my rear infiniti letters and tried to remove the plasti dip beforehand. i couldnt get it off. so i went ahead with the debadge anyways.

i debadged my infiniti letters using some Goo-Gone (and the DIY in here). i was worried that it would dissolve the plasti-dip and make a mess, but it didnt!
after the goo-gone had sat for about 10 mins, the plastidip became soft and extremely easy to remove.

Since i did not write this i'm not going to take credit for this. i just thought it was useful for everyone that uses plastic dip and want to return to the original color etc. might as well share it with all of you. here is the link i copy this guide from. http://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...s/219118-plasti-dip-removal-the-easy-way.html

thanks for tunning in. :thumbup::thumbup: